Chapter 8: Detective Kiara

Depuis le début

"Good Afternoon Mr. Stallion" a Police officer dressed like a constable greeted.

"Oh, I hope there is no problem" Samuel replied, trying to be cool by all means.

"We have a search warrant, we've been made to understand that you're housing a wanted criminal who is accused of murder or human trafficking and assault to a prosecutor. Please if you'll do us the honor to have us search your abode" the officer said looking more serious.

"You're free, go in and clear all your doubts" Samuel said as he resumes fondling with his phone putting on an I-CARE-NOT attitude.

"Officers" he called as they entered and ransacked the building looking for clues. "Officer Smith, check the 1st storey, Officer Jason check this sitting room and Officer Mike check the rooms, make it swift and accurate" The Leading Officer said.

"Yea, make it swift, I want to prepare lunch" Samuel said emphasizing on his first words.

Officer Smith and some officers were upstairs, Smith saw pictures of different fishes and aquatic creatures, it was obvious that either a fisherman or an aquatic business man lives here indeed. The next thing they saw was an old newspaper, as Officer Smith wanted to pick the newspaper when he heard shouts.

"Officers please come, I need backup, there's a noise coming from this room, it seems like people struggling with each other!!" Officer Mike shouted.

All the officers gathered at the doorstep, pointing their guns to the door and ready to shoot at any moment, the pressure was as if they were to arrest the greatest criminal ever "Officer Jason" the Leading Officer said, "open that door" he commanded, his voice sounding harsh and commanding.

"Ok sir" Officer Jason replied, he stretched his hands forward, still holding his gun with the other hand, the noise of struggling was becoming much louder, he flung the door open to meet an aggressive Rottweiler and a German shepherd, both dogs have their mouth tied though this does not prevent their mouth from watering and they could only hit themselves. "shit" Officer Jason screamed unconsciously and in the next seconds, the cops were on the run. The German shepherd and the Rottweiler were not chained, they were now pursuing the cops, Officer Mike paused and aimed at the German Shepherd, but he missed his target and the German Shepherd held it's teeth onto his feet, biting his shoe and toes, The officer hit him with the bottom of the gun and the German Shepherd groaned and retreat to the room causing the Officers to escape.

The sound of bikes and cars going out of the compound made Archer decide to come out, "hey, Samuel, can I come out? You did not tell me that you had devourers in your house".

"Wow, So cops are subject to devourers?" Samuel asked mimicking Archer with the word 'devourers'.

"Not really, but these are one of the most dangerous dogs we harbor on earth, I can't risk having them as company" Archer explained.

"Well, they're back to their room, you're free to come out now, and how is your hostage?" Samuel said.

"My hostage is fine, but thanks to you, the cops are still owing us a visit" Archer said.

"So?, Are we to get scared or start to prepare?" Samuel asked.

"The ball is in your court" Archer replied.

✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓

"Daught, we have to be at a crime scene now, call Joe and Wilson, we'll be on our way now" Collins said.

"Sir, we'll need Carrie and others too" Kiara replied, "and furthermore, you should be resting dad, you're not getting any younger, you forced mom to retire. Though i'm not telling you to retire, but I want you to rest regularly" Kiara explained.