Chapter 1

'Brothers' Jeffrey and Liu Woods, who have went missing at the ages of thirteen and fourteen, whereabouts remain unknown after nearly three years. Their parents' killer remains unknown for now.'

∞∞∞∞∞∞

Alivia's point of view

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Alivia's point of view

Knowing my father must already be asleep, I was almost in silence making my way to my room through the darkened hallway.

Getting closer with each step I've taken, I was just about to turn right to follow further towards my destination, but I couldn't help but notice the shadow that was being caused by something seemingly human, as if somebody was standing just around the corner.

Huh?

For a second, I was wondering who it could be. That I've known of, there was nothing there that could be creating it, and my father wouldn't be just standing there, motionless.

That is, if he was even awake.

I began panicking deep inside, in my mind, as soon as I understood somebody just broke into our house.

The closer I have gotten, the clearer I could see the before just a silhouette of a person.
Whatever it was, whatever it could have been, it seemed to look more real now.

In an instant, I could feel that someone wrap their hands tightly around my arm, pulling me closer to them, and then pushing me against the wall.

Then, I had no choice but to notice something cold that was being held against my throat, as its sharp blade was put up so close to be nearly piercing my skin.

That's a...

knife.

"Quiet," I could hear the person say.

Just hearing his voice has made me feel a little lightheaded, which had somehow affected the way I could see our surroundings far more than what could be making sense to me.

In front of me, I could see a guy maybe around my age, but the only thing I could focus on at the time was the thing he was still holding now quite harshly against my neck.

With one hand holding me by my arm, with the other making sure my life is in his hands, he took several steps the same way I was trying to go prior to this.

"Take me to your room, we can't have anyone finding me here," I heard him command, but I wasn't at all interested in listening to him, though he was making it clear enough that I truly didn't have a choice.

When I was not willing to take another step, he only pushed the knife more in almost cutting like motion, which has pierced through my skin a bit more, almost making me squeak in pain if I haven't had fought the urge to do so.