65. Mr Greg

Static flickers on a screen and a pre-recorded video begins to play. A variation of the song "Comet" is then heard, sung by a younger Marty.

♫ From the moment the meat hits the flame,  My stomach is growling without any shame! And I know in my gut,  It's been worth the $5.95!  Would you like a burger?  From Pepe's Burgers? ♫

A commercial style advertisement is played, featuring Pepe's Burgers and its burger meal at $5.95, with Marty being the face of the commercial, as he takes a bite out of a burger and winks to the audience. 

Steven, joined by Greg, Y/n and Pearl, watches in awe as the commercial concludes on the TV inside Greg's van, parked outside the Crystal Temple.

"Whoa! Your song is on TV!" Steven says to his dad.

"Yeah. Apparently, Marty sold my song as a burger jingle, and now I'm filthy stinking rich." Greg says as he holds out the check slip Marty gave him.

Steven sighs. "The sweet stench of success."

Pearl leans towards the TV curiously. "What is this?" She asks.

"You know when Rose came to my concert? The night we met? I was playing this song!" Greg tells her.

"This is what did it? Burgers?" Pearl asks perplexed.

"It wasn't about burgers back then. She probably would've like this, though, right?" Greg asks.

Pearl sighs sadly. "She would have loved it." She says before she starts to walk away, looking upset.

Greg groans in discontent as he turns off the TV.

Y/n watches Pearl walk away before he turns to Greg. "So, what are you gonna do with all the money?"

"I don't know." Greg honestly says as he climbs into the back of his van and grabs his guitar. Steven sit next to him, and Greg begins to sing.

♫ Bright sunny day, don't cost nothing. 

 Light summer breeze, don't cost nothing.  

What do I do, with all this money?  

When the only thing I want is you? ♫ He sings to Steven.

Steven shrugs.

♫ Palling around, don't cost nothing.  

Singing a song, don't cost nothing.  

How do I spend, all this money? 

I'd rather just spend time with you. ♫

♫ You could buy a house, and a car. ♫ Steven sings now.

♫ I guess that I can, but I've already got a van. ♫ Greg sings back.

 ♫I could put you through college. ♫

"But I'm with the Gems all the time?" Steven says.

 ♫ Or I could buy you all the finest courses online. ♫ 

 ♫ What if you took a trip? ♫ Y/n suggests singing now.

"Do you think?" Greg asks.

♫ Yeah, We could take a vacation. We could go somewhere new. ♫ Steven sings now.

Steven and Greg begins to ponder, when Greg has an idea and begins rummaging inside his van. The song then transitions to a more upbeat one.

♫ I know a place that's always exciting! ♫