44. Cry For Help

Steven, Y/n and Amethyst were watching an episode of Crying Breakfast Friends in his bedroom. In the cartoon, Crying Pear accidentally dropped his ice cream on the floor, and he and Sad Spoon start crying. Bawling Bacon then arrives, looks at the mishaps for a while and starts crying as well.

"I don't get this cartoon, man, why don't they just eat that ice cream off the floor? They don't have to cry about it." Amethyst says.

"I wouldn't try to make sense of this show Amethyst." Y/n says to her.

Crying Pear continues to cry, when the TV's signal suddenly starts glitching up.

"Woah what's wrong with your TV?" Y/n asks

"Aw, not again. It was doing this yesterday too." Steven complains.

"Hang on, I got it." Amethyst says as she gets up and starts kicking the TV set on its side a few times. "How about now?" 

The TV set starts shaking and rumbling, to Amethyst's surprise. "Gah!"

Steven and Y/n also look surprised. 

"It's never done that before." Steven says.

A flickering video of Peridot speaking gibberish then appears, before stabilizing and her dialogue becoming audible. "This is Peridot transmitting on all frequencies from abandoned crystal system colony planet Earth, to Yellow Diamond. My mission has been compromised, my escort and informant." She raises two fingers to indicate the number. "are gone and I am now stranded!" Peridot calmly finishes.  "Please send help!" She then yells desperately.

The transmission continues to repeat itself on the TV, as the other Crystal Gems gather around and watch it together TV. Steven is then seen calling someone on his phone.

"Looks like Peridot's not a fan of Earth life." Y/n chuckles.

"Okay, thanks." Steven hangs up his phone now. "Connie says it's on her TV too." He tells the others.

"But where could Peridot be broadcasting a signal that strong?" Pearl wonders.

"There's only one place." Garnet says.

Lion emerges out of a portal with Garnet, Pearl, Y/n and Amethyst riding on his back. He then collapses off his feet from the weight of the Gems, and Steven pops out of his mane, gasping for air.

"Lion, are you okay?" Steven as as he pets him on the head.

"Why don't you get some rest buddy." Y/n says as he quickly climbs off of Lion now.

The gems all get off Lion too as they look up at something.

"It's as I feared." Garnet comments.

Y/n now looks up at the Communication Hub, crudely reconstructed back together, glowing and shooting a beam of light towards the sky.

"It looks like Peridot somehow repaired the Communication Hub. Well, at least some of it." Pearl comments.

"So... we just gotta wreck it up again, right?" Steven asks and he turns to Amethyst. "You guys should form Sugilite!"

"Yeah... Well, it's up to Garnet, I guess." Amethyst tires to play it cool and smiles a bit and turns to Garnet. "What do you say? Shall we mash it up? "

Pearl just looks scared in the background.

"No." Garnet answer however and Amethyst looks at her shocked.