"Liam? As in Martinelli?" I nodded before getting out of her grasp and wiping my cheeks. I glanced down as I sighed.

"He met Silas Adalwen and after he left, Liam overheard him say something about Cel. It got him mad and I guess he just went full rage mode on that man."

"Oh, god. What the hell?"

"And Alex stormed off after Silas's associate Rico Lorenzo. Came back with multiple shot wounds and bled out a lot." I wiped a tear cascading down my cheekbone.

"Fucking hell."

"I wish I was there. For both of them. I just feel this duty of some sort to help Liam as much as I can. He just..." I took a deep breath, "he helped her and loved her. I owe him that much for her happiness." A faint smile tugged my lips. "Besides, when she takes Satan's place, I'll be scared to meet her down there for not taking care of her man." Laura breathed out an amused breath.

"After Giovanni passed, I thought I wouldn't have to go through more grief right away. And then my parents died." I looked over at her, wrapping an arm around her as I pulled her to my side. "She sent me a voice mail before it happened. I still listen to it once in a while. And every time I strangely cry less." I gently rubbed her back, hoping to make this conversation slightly easier for her. "Maybe I'm understanding that there's no better place for her than eternity. She's not in danger anymore and she's with dad. She can watch over me and i miei bambini whenever she desires." She sighed. "I guess I'm just happy she isn't suffering anymore."

I guess I could agree with her. Luciana had lived a very eventful life before her death and towards the end, became a target because of how important she was to the Rossi and Celeste herself.

"And I never thought that I'd let someone in this quickly." A smile touched my lips. "The way he spoils Bianca and plays with Angelo was what sealed the deal. Every time we video chat he demands to see the two. Bianca even started to ask me where he is and when we'll see him in her gibberish words." I chuckled as I took my hand off her and raised my eyes towards the windows by the door. "He really likes them. I see it in his eyes." You can't fool a mother when it comes to her kids. Especially a mother like Laura who was the best mother I've ever seen. Apart from my own mother, of course, but considering how much Laura didn't want them at first, she can't imagine her life without them.

We all adore them to pieces.

"Do you think he likes me?" I wasn't expecting this question at all.

"I wish he does. If he likes your kids so much, he'll love you." Suddenly, I was glad she started to speak about Luciana. It gave me a breather from how hurt my heart was. "And if he dares to lay a finger on you, you have the entire Rossi clan behind you," she chuckled before giving me tight hug.

We had many of these moments growing up. Late night chats about relationships, boys, family issues, dreams and beyond. We always hugged it out but something was very different from this moment. The hug was nice but empty. Two hearts instead of three and I knew Laura felt it. The shift in energy between us before we cried silently for hours.

I felt her here.

Like a ghost, right in between her two best friends.

Like a ghost, trying to find her peace in the underworld for eternity as everyone she loved stayed back.

Like a ghost, that lost everything she had in a matter of seconds.

Like a ghost, that wished to turn back the time for one more day with her loved ones.

But ghosts weren't real. They were just an illusion.

Up until you feel them.

-------