"My ankle." Graciella stammered in pain, holding her left ankle.

"I'm terribly sorry, I didn't see you...do you think you can stand up with it?" Alex asked, looking at her ankle, ignoring the fact that she was wearing a extremely short ivory satin pyjama pants.

Graciella shook her head. "I-I don't think that I can. It really hurts."

"Okay...here, let me help you." He told her then he carefully put his under her thighs and around her waist before he easily stood up with her in her arms.

" He told her then he carefully put his under her thighs and around her waist before he easily stood up with her in her arms

Unfortunately, the infirmary was on the ground floor, so he had to carry her down the staircase. He was just glad that he didn't bump into her anywhere near the railings or steps because that would have been fatal. Just as he was about to turn around and walk down the stairs, he heard a door open on the right wing of the floor followed by giggling, and a voice that sounded familiar and for some reason froze and quickly looked that way and saw Avery step out of one of the rooms there in a simple black boxer shorts that stopped just a few inches above her knees, with a purple lightweight jersey, plain white socks with her hair up in a messy bun. She looked carefree and younger. She always had a way to make simplicity look beautiful.

"Okay, goodnight." He watched her turn and say to the person in the room.

"Goodnight. Don't let the bedbugs bite." The girl inside replied with a chuckle.

"Very funny." Avery giggled then turn away from the door just as it shut.

Just as she was walking across the hallway to her room she looked his way, feeling his eyes on her and froze for a second when she saw him, with Graciella in his arms clinging onto him like a koala. Alex saw her eyes and mouth part a little in surprise before  she quickly looked away and rush over to the door opposite the one that she just came out of and disappeared into the room, and for some unknown reason again, he had this urge to go after her and explain why he had Graciella in his arms. From Graciella's attire of her stain nightwear; shorts and a singlet that looked more like a crop top, he knew that the position that they were in looked a little intimate.

Remembering Graciella, he turned but his eyes lingered a little longer at the door that Avery disappeared into before he began descending the staircase with Graciella holding onto him a little tighter than he wished. Once he took her to the infirmary, he had a guard notified the doctor and waited with her to make sure that she was fine before he went back up to his bedroom.

"Good evening your highness, what seems to be the problem?" Doctor Fitzgerald asked professional once he stepped into the infirmary.

"Miss Carterton hurt her ankle."

"Okay, how did this happen?" He enquired, taking a stool and pulling it over to the bench where Alex had placed her down.

"We accidentally ran into each other." Graciella answered this time.

"Alright, there doesn't seem to be any swelling yet." Doctor Fitzgerald inspected Graciella's ankle before he gently reached forward. "Tell me if this hurts?"

Alex mind drifted away to Avery while the doctor examined and nudged Graciella's foot. He usually didn't care what people said or thought about him, but he didn't want to look like the womaniser that some news agencies made him out to be to her.

"Your highness?"

"Yes, sorry." Alex apologised after to the doctor. The doctor had addressed him three times.

"I think it best if you go and have a good night's sleep. If I'm not mistaken, you have a long drive tomorrow and don't worry about Miss Carterton, I'll have one of the maids escort her up to her bedroom. She doesn't seem to have sustained anything serious, she'll be fine." Doctor Fitzgerald told him.

"Alright, thank you." Alex nodded his head at the doctor gratefully before he looked down at Graciella. "Once again I'm sorry Graciella."

Graciella gave a smile that looked a little forced then she looked down at the floor, her jaw clenched. He felt bad that he accidentally hurt her but at that moment, he started to feel tired so he bid them both goodnight and left. When he got back to the second floor, he lingered at the base on the staircase that led up to the third and final floor with his eyes glued onto Avery's room door, contemplating whether to go over to the door or not but then he thought against it, he didn't want to seem weird and make her feel uncomfortable. It was still way too early for any sort of interaction like that.

❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❦❧❦

Is Grɑciellɑ telling the truth ɑbout her ɑnkle hurting?....
🤔🤨