twenty five .

E L E A N O R A

I wiggled out of the pair of strong arms that were banded around my waist, effectively trapping me where I lay.

Just when I think I'm going to successfully make a break for it, Geralt's arms tighten around me, crashing me back into his chest.

I drop my head back against his shoulder with a groan, "I have to pee."

I feel his lips curve into a smile against my shoulder, "No, you don't. You just went about ten minutes ago."

Twisting around, I glare at him. "Are you keeping tabs on me now? And who are you to judge whether or not I have to pee? If anyone knows when I have to pee, it should be me."

A chuckle rumbles in his chest and I let out a squeal I didn't know I was capable of as he flips me around to face him in one fluid motion.

His lips are on mine before I could protest and I find myself sinking into his embrace. My heart flutters, and it feels as if it was the first time he'd ever kissed me all over again.

As his hands start to roam my body, sliding from the small of my back to my stomach, I pull away from him with a laugh.

"Slow down, big boy." I tease, "I really do have to pee."

Gor groans against my lips, making me chuckle. "Hurry back," He rasps, sending me on my way with a slap on the ass.

I turn to shoot him a glare I wasn't feeling but my eyes unconsciously start to wander as soon as I lay eyes on him. I take in Geralt in all of his naked glory, with nothing but a thin blanket covering the lower half of his body.

"Keep looking at me like that, El, and you can forget about relieving yourself." He growls, making my stomach tighten in anticipation.

Quickly, I rummage through our tent and throw on my shirt and pants that had somehow ended up tossed in opposite ends of the space.

I barely even made it several steps away from the tent when I bump into Yennefer, almost running straight into her in my hurry to make it back to the tent.

"Good morning," I greet the mage.

She lifts her chin in greeting and just as I'm about to move around her, thinking that she wasn't going to say anything more, she speaks. "Did the Witcher speak to you?"

I blink at her, taking a minute to process what she'd just asked. "What about?"

Her eyes raise to look at something over my shoulder and I sense Geralt approaching before I even see him. "Why don't you ask him?"

"Yennefer," Geralt says warningly, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me to him.

"What's going on?" I demand, my eyes ping-ponging between the two. "Does this have anything to do with Borch?"

Tensions have been running a little high since we'd lost Borch and the Zerrakanians on the shortcut yesterday. The three had sacrificed themselves when the planks gave way under our weight, and I know that Geralt was still in shock about the entire situation when we set up camp last night.

"Far from it," Yennefer states, shooting daggers at Geralt with her eyes.

Just as Yennefer is about to speak again- I suspect to tell me whatever the hell this is about- her demeanour shifts as she glances over my shoulder.