He frowned. "I didn't want to ask them because they might make suggestions to me and everything and my ideas wouldn't feel very original for me anymore."

Bang!

"Uh-oh," Samuel whispered to me, and proceeding to sit straight and seem serious. "It's the monster."

I suppressed a chuckle and looked up in time to see an irritated Saul.

"What's wrong?"

He looked at me softly, but hardened his gaze again when he turned to Samuel. "What are you doing here?"

"Chatting with my best friend," Samuel responded calmly.

"About what?"

Saul sat as calmly as Samuel spoke onto a seat nearby. "What did you have to talk to Jessicha about that shouldn't have me around?"

Is he overthinking again? I thought to myself, but staying quiet was the option I chose. I don't know why he's acting like this, but back when we were dating, Saul had been insecure of Samuel. Samuel liked someone else, though, and I liked Saul. I never understood why he was jealous. It wasn't like he didn't know Samuel either.

"I wanted her to be my assistant for my upcoming project, but she declined."

"Oh, yeah? What project?" Saul said, still irked.

This time I was worried. Is that jealousy?

"Saul," I intervened. "You know Samuel needs an assistant in most of his gigs, right? I turned him down since I got really exhausted last time."

He nodded and left.

"Suel!" I hissed. "You knew he would get mad about this."

He snorted amusedly. "You jist realized that now?" And rightly so. I had been chatting with him pretty peacefullly. It didn't cross my mind that Saul can get easily irritated by his brother sometimes, although I haven't figured out why yet.

"Well," I changed the topic. Why are you here?" Despite being a big baby to me, Samuel never really approaches me for just favors. He always approaches me to tell me sonething important or ask me if I coukd spend time with him.

He grinned. "I wanna go to the ice cream parlor nearby and catch up. We haven't hung out in so long."

"I'll let Saul know, okay?"

"Saul!" I called out as I went up the stairs.

"Here!"

I went into his study where I thought his voice came from and he was there, casually reading something as he leant back on his chair. Saul doesn't read like that.

"I'm going out with Suel."

"I don't like it, but go ahead."

I stifled a grin. He wasn't trying to guilt-trip me or anything, he just really didn't like it. How did I know? He pouted.

No.

Why?

I burst out laughing, but only in my head. "Thank you! Bye!" I chirped, running down the stairs before he could catch my laugh through my expression.

"Let's go, Suel!" I said, quickly slipping into my flats and going out of the house. We walked to the ice cream parlor which was really just, like, two blocks away, and took a spot. Samuel ordered for us, too.

"Here you go. Peanut butter and Vanilla with peanuts and cashews and caramel syrup," he jokingly presented my food.

His was always black forest, but he always gave me the cherry.