Chapter 10

DOUG POV:

After the thunder, a terrifying laugh could be heard, I could see how Evie was tense after she heard it.

A cloud of blue and black smoke formed in the center of the church. From this came the Evil Queen with a smile so terrifying that even Maleficent would run.

EVIL Q: what a disappointment... A dwarf, I thought I had taught you better, but I see that the punishments were not enough for you... 
EVIE: (little tears were starting to fall from her eyes)
EVIL Q: But... WHY DON'T WE MAKE THIS MORE INTERESTING!!!

Suddenly everyone was frozen except for Evie and me. I stood in front of her to protect her from anything her mother wanted to do to her.

That just seemed to infuriate the Queen who came up to me. She stared at me and with a wave of her hand, I found myself floating as my body was filled with excruciating pain.

EVIE POV:

The moment Doug stood in front of me to protect me, I knew this wasn't going to end well.

I could see my mother shake her hand making Doug float a few inches off the ground while he was starting to complain of pain.

EVIE: LEAVE HIM ALONE. HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!!! 
EVIL Q: OF COURSE IT HAS TO DO WITH THIS. HE CLEARLY MATTERS TO YOU, WHAT BETTER WAY TO HARM YOU THAN THIS!!! (squeezed her hand in a fist making Doug complain louder)
EVIE: please.... I'll do anything...  (I started sobbing as I watched Doug complain.)
DOUG: EVIE NO!!! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!! YOU DESERVE TO BE HAPPY!! 
EVIE: I can't be happy without you...

The Evil Queen took an apple out of a leather bag, but not just any. It was the same apple she used years ago with Snow White to try to get rid of her.

EVIL Q: I WANT YOU DEAD

EVIE: what....? (I say while sobbing heavily)
DOUG: EVIE, NO please...  (tears begin to fall from his eyes)
EVIL Q: YOU DECIDE EVIE, ONE BITE AND THE REST IS SAVED. ESPECIALLY THIS FOOL WHO SAYS HE LOVES YOU WHEN WE BOTH KNOW IT'S NOT TRUE!! 
EVIE: Sorry Doug, I can't let anything happen to you... (I said while still sobbing).

DOUG POV:

DOUG POV:

As much as I yelled at Evie to stop, she didn't. She approached her mother and took the apple before turning to see me.

I could see how she whispered " I love you" before taking a bite of the apple that her mother had offered her in exchange for everyone's freedom.

After biting the apple Evie collapsed on the ground while the Evil Queen let out loud laughter.

EVIL Q: MY JOB HERE IS DONE. SEND GREETINGS TO THE BELOVED SNOW WHITE WHEN EVERYONE RETURNS TO NORMAL, I WILL BE ON THE ISLE IN CASE YOU WANT TO VISIT ME...  (laughed only as she disappeared into the same cloud of smoke in which she had come)

The moment she disappeared, I fell to the ground. I ran up to Evie and took her in my arms.

As much as I tried to make her react, she didn't open her eyes and I was already in a sea of tears.

I began to stroke her hair as I quietly sobbed with a part of her body on my legs.

MAL POV:

When I returned to reality I turned to see that everyone was fine, I was worried to see that Doug and Evie were not there.

My world collapsed when I turned around. There was Doug with an Evie on his legs while he was sobbing.

I quickly approached as tears began to fall from my eyes

I quickly approached as tears began to fall from my eyes. The boys followed me to where Doug and Evie were.

MAL: What happened?  (I said sobbing) 
DOUG: She sacrificed herself to save us all... (whisper as he hugged Evie harder against his chest) 
MAL: what? But how??  I don't understand anything. 
DOUG: The Evil Queen appeared... She told Evie that in order for everyone to be safe she had to bite the apple She use with Snow White... (he let out a loud sob). 
BEN: Hey, calm down, let's fix it. Everything is going to be fine... 
DOUG. : NOTHING IS GOING TO BE RIGHT. EVIE IS DEAD. I COULDN'T EVEN SAY GOODBYE TO HER!!! (cries hysterically)

After Doug said that I completely collapsed as Ben hugged me against his chest. I didn't want to accept that Evie might be dead.

Carlos and Jay were a little further back, they were also crying. They had begun to consider Evie as a little sister whom they had to protect from everything.

DOUG POV:

This couldn't be happening. Evie, my princess had sacrificed herself. I knew that the only way for her to live was to break the spell she was in.

But what if ours is not true love. What if we don't really love each other as much as we think.

I decided to give her a kiss as a farewell, I didn't know what I was going to do without her. Evie was my light, my happiness, my life.

Suddenly I felt Evie take a strong breath as she started coughing. I was amazed as was everyone present.

MAL: True loves kiss... works every time (she said while letting out a little laugh when She saw that Evie was back).

Without thinking I embraced Evie and refusing to let go. I wasn't going to afford to lose her again. I started crying again, but this time of happiness.

DOUG: DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!!  I thought I lost you...  (I kept crying)
EVIE: I love you...  (she said smiling)
DOUG: I love you too.... You can't imagine how much...

I listened as someone spoke to us so I separated from Evie to realize that it was Snow White

Continue...