IV. Game Over

The party didn't turn out as boring as Lisa thought it to be. Infact she was the one who made it much thrilling and exciting that it ended sooner than intended – much to her delight because fuck that stupid party. Really.

Now she ended up alone in a restroom washing her face with cold water to calm her mind. And as she looked up to stare at her damp face in the mirror, she hissed as she felt the water worsening the sharp pain on the invisible scratches Rosé left on her delicate face. She could still even feel the ghost of her sharp nails digging on her scalp. Damn that woman. Who would imagine such an innocent face could be a fucking monster too?

And who would've even thought they would end up that way though? She may had quite the abomination to girl but she never really intended to make a big deal out of it. She was just up to knowing what was her real connection to her husband. Infact their conversation only started with their childhood and everything related to Jungkook. God knows how she had been even trying with all her might to keep a straight face to how the girl ended up almost telling her a sickening love story.

She had been patient that whole time until... the girl started saying things like insinuating how bad she felt for Jungkook to end up marrying a woman like her.

And that's when her patience completely ran out and there started the endless exchange of savage words.

She could only let out a long deep sigh as she looked at herself in the mirror again. She was still in her red gown but no longer with make up and looked generally messed up. She only managed to escape the trouble she caused in the party thanks to Hanbin, the guy was thoughtful enough to offer her a ride back home knowing that's what she needed after the embarassing incident earlier.

Yeah, how embarassing. She may have always been a troublesome but she was never the type to get to the point of initiating such a violent scene. It was just the girl's piercing words that made her snap.

"Stop acting like a wife here, will you? It's obvious that even your husband himself doesn't see you as one."

The same words echoed in her mind again and she let out a breath of sarcastic laugh. She ended up laughing loudly in the restroom alone that anyone who would possibly see her that state would think she's crazy.

But as her laughter died down, her fingers that were placed flat on the tiled counter slowly curled to fists.

She couldn't believe the amount of audacity that woman had. As much as she badly wanted to deny it, those words actually hit her hard like poisoned daggers. And as much as she managed to act all smirks and nonchalant in front of the girl earlier, she couldn't deny how much she was dying to slap the living daylights out of her face. Infact she did, and now she only wanted to laugh and curse herself at that. She hated herself for being affected like this when she do know those facts too well even before she brought herself into this kind of situation.

Before all this, she already thought about the consequences but was only like 'whatever at least it'll be fun'. And she actually didn't turn out wrong because she was indeed having fun everytime she gets her husband's mere attention by annoying him to the bone. And even if he always looked at her like she did nothing but bring hell to his life, it didn't matter at all because she knew no one and not even him could change the fact that he was all hers.

That was what she knew ever since that unforgettable moment of tying the knot with him. It might have meant nothing to him but somehow for her, it felt kinda real. And for all those months they were together as husband and wife, even if their relationship was far too different than other couples inlove, she could still say everything was worth it.

To her? The nonexistent love in their relationship was what made it all fun and exciting. And she was happy with just that until one of Rosé's words woke her up to reality.