"You're fucking with me?" I said, my eyes on Alex. He shook his head before handing me his phone. I grabbed it and looked at the screen. I pressed play and the news report began to play.

"The Russian businessman and member of The Bratva, Vladislav Usoro has been killed in a tragic accident which led to his death. Mr Usoro was brutally assaulted before being hung on the Grater Stone Bridge about two hours before midnight." The photos of his naked body began to change from one to the other in the video.

I've seen many gross things in my life and this was that bad. But when you murder a mafia boss or anyone associated with them, and they're left in a public place, it means you're making a statement. One that in this case meant the Russian mafia had no ruler. Or, in other words, had a new one on the way.

I handed the phone back to Alex before I turned back around to face the balcony doors. I ran my fingers through my hair as many thoughts began to cross my mind.

"She was in his hands," I said, hoping it was quiet enough for no one to hear.

"Liam?" Audrey asked, trying to bring me back from the black hole that my mind was in.

"We don't know that," Alex answered behind me. I shook my head, a smile starting to creep on my face.

"He had her." I shook my head as I turned around to face him. "Why else would he be killed? He had her!" I yelled out. Audrey walked over to my side, her hand brushing my shoulder.

"Don't jump to conclusions, Liam," she said, her voice so low and gentile that it calmed me. "Maybe it was someone else other than Luca."

"No one was able to kill him this easily. Luca was almost like a son to him."

Trust.

Trust was what ruined us. Trust what was our biggest enemy. When we gave that bit of us to another person, we walked on a thin line. We never know when a person could use our trust against us. That was what made it our weakness.

"If one could kill Vlad, it would've been Luca." I walked over to my bed and sat down, my sister followed me behind and sat down right beside me. "I... Fuck my life."

"At least it narrows it down," Alex said in front of the door, his arms crossed over his chest. "Now we know who to look for and if Luca was there for Vlad, he might still be in Russia." I scoffed.

"He won't. He's not dumb enough to stay there after declaring Vlad's death to the whole world." I looked down at my lap. "And I doubt it's the first death we're seeing." 

-------

"Liam?" I twisted in my seat when I heard my mother's voice. I smiled at her as she took a seat to my side at the dinner table. I grabbed the glass of water and took a sip. I had already finished eating dinner when she walked in. Since I got back from Rome, I have been eating alone. It's the most I can bear because eating alongside my family would be the death of me. Their stares alone already sting so bad I want to rip their eyes out.

My mother's eyes watched me closely as I set the glass down and finally looked at her.

"I heard about everything." I sighed. "And your father is losing his mind."

"Good. He deserves it." She placed her hand on the table.

"Not now, Liam." I rolled my eyes before folding my arms over my chest.

"Where has he been all these nights?" Something in her eyes changed. "Weren't you missing your husband during storming nights?" I chuckled. "Maybe you hate him just as much as I do but I don't think that a loving husband would leave his wife to go hell-knows, where each night. And maybe-"

"Enough!" She flinched from her own voice. "You don't know anything about our relationship and where he goes is his business." My eyes widened. "I'm happy, Liam. That's all that should matter." I shook my head as the words she had said clicked. I leaned forward, resting my elbows on the table.

"Where my father goes is none of my business as a son of his. But as his boss, I'm genuinely worried for him." I chuckled. "Sorry, did I say worried? I meant don't give two fucks about him."

"Then put your attention elsewhere."

"What did he do to you?" She didn't blink as she stared at me. Her breaths began to deepen. "Mom?"

"Nothing." She flinched as she got back to the present.

"You're actually insane if you think I'm buying this acting of yours."

"Liam, focus on finding Celeste." I stilled. "That's where you should worry. What happens behind my bedroom door is none of your concern." I couldn't even hear anything she said as that name echoed in my head.

Celeste

Celeste

Celeste

"Liam?" My mother snapped her fingers in front of my face, bringing me back to the present.

"Sorry, I..." I couldn't form any words as tears started to form in my eyes. "Fuck," I looked around and pushed the chair back. Then, as if I was dreaming, I saw her. Right by the counter. Eating ice cream. Just like that night. I rubbed my eyes, the tears soaking the back of my hands.

"Liam, darling, what's wrong?" I looked back up at my mother and in the corner of my eyes saw her walk over to the table. My mother turned her head back, trying to make out what I was seeing. "Liam?" I followed her body as she sat down right in front of me.

"Liam, please help me," I shook my head, my vision suddenly blurring. I stood up from my chair, her eyes following my moves as I backed away from the table.

"Liam, what-" I held out my hand, stopping her.

"Don't say her name. Ever," I said and walked out of the room without another glance. I ran up the stairs and hurried to my bedroom. As soon as I closed the door, I sunk to the floor and locked it. I grabbed my head with my hands as tears started to fall.

I'm imagining her.

I'm seeing things.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

"My love, please stop this hell, I won't..." I gasped for air. "Please, love, stop it." I dropped my head low, letting the demons attack me.

I tried to breathe as my heart clenched inside my chest. This was killing me in more ways than I initially had thought it did.

No one dared to mention her name since a few days ago. Even I don't say it. But something was happening to me. I was going insane. Daydreaming was part of my life long before she came into my life. But having a panic attack and actually seeing her, even hearing her was crossing the line.

"Why are you doing this to me, my love? Why?" Another sob. I grabbed the small necklace charm in my hand. Never once did I remove it. I didn't dare to do so. "Baby, don't do this again. Please. This is freaking me out." I pressed the small rose to my lips. "I love you, Cel." Tears streamed down my face as the image of her lifeless body appeared in my head.

"Celeste, please. My love," I tried to forget the memory by thinking of her when I asked her to be mine. Her beautiful face glowed from the candle and the decorative fairy lights. Her bright smile as she looked at me and her hand in mine.

"I'll find you. I promise, Cel." I whispered to myself as I calmed down.