Gunnar only wondered from the depths of his heart, what did he do to be blessed with such a dove?

"Stand still, Gunnar," Selene said cautiously.

There was a yellow and black butterfly resting on his shoulder.

Gunnar did as he was told and Selene walked over to him to get a closer look.

She liked butterflies.

Growing up, to just a couple of weeks ago, she envied their freedom. The carefree flutter of their wings mocked her.

But now she saw them in a new light.

She understood that they only know how to be carefree. That God didn't create them to worry about day-to-day troubles.

They only lived with abandon.

And they were magnificent.

And she could live that way, someday.

Soon, she hoped.

"Of course, the butterfly would choose you," She noted, but the warmth of her voice surprised her.

Maybe she was already like the butterfly.

This made Gunnar smile.

"I'll be, Lord's blessed me with a butterfly, but I surely am more amazed at the choice of a dove that chose me."

The way he looked at her.

She wanted to question it with everything in her.

Nothing she had done made her think she was deserving of his stare.

But, she accepted it.

A step in the righteous and healthy direction.

Still, she wondered and she could now ask without being testy.

"Why me? And I know it may seem like a negative question, but it isn't. I just don't understand, honestly,"

Gunnar knew it was time.

God always made things happen in His timing.

Gunnar took the jewelry box from his pocket and held it for her to see.

"I got this for you. I studied more bout the Word of God and where precious stones were mentioned. In the Old and New Testament, they signified newness through a covenant with God. Jesus was born, he was decorated with precious things, He promises a new Heaven and Earth with precious stones decorating the walls,"

Selene nodded while dodging her eyes between his eyes and the box.

But what did this have to do with choosing her?

Gunnar mentioned Jerusalem being storm-tossed at the shop that day, and now he mentioned newness.

The same way Jesus did.

He called her new.

Woah.

Was this a God thing? It couldn't be a coincidence.

"Can I take your hand?" Gunnar asked. It was her choice.

His question knocked the wind out of her.

He was asking to touch her.

"Of course," She said straightly as if he already knew he could.

No one ever asked.

He respected her.

And she appreciated it.

Gunnar took her hand and opened it.

"You are a rarity, Galia. God knew that He was doin and I will appreciate this opportunity to prove it always. I'm gonna keep showin my gratitude to God for this and to you,"