Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

I rub my eyes for a moment before placing my glasses onto my face and swinging my legs off the bed. The coldness of the room whipping my chest as I emerge from my warm duvet, oh how I wished I could lay in here for a few more hours.

My fingers raise to open my blinds, looking out at the dimly lit street. Window covered in sparse water droplets. As I glance down at the roads, the rain had not stopped for a second. Puddles forming in the street and on the pavements.

A small sigh passes my lips. Today was sure going to be miserable.

After taking a quick shower and throwing on some clothes as quickly as possible, the flat was far too cold and making me shudder. I definitely needed a hot cup of coffee in my hands before I braved the weather outside.

I grab my phone and proceed to the kitchen, plugging in the coffee machine and throwing a pod inside. Just as I reach for my favourite mug, my phone vibrates in my hand. A text from Weston, my eyebrows pull into a frown. He rarely sends me a text before work.

Weston

Don't bother coming into the office today, the ceiling is leaking from the rain and it's not safe

Work from home as best as you can

I've sent out an email to everyone, could you get in contact with Theo?

Micah

Oh shit, is it bad?

Yeah sure, I'll contact Theo

I chew down on my lip as I wait for Weston to respond. Knowing this storm, the building could be flooded and equipment and computers damaged. This would not be good for the company.

Weston

Quite bad, I'm just with Fred trying to move things away from the leaking ceilings and into dry spots

Not ideal but not much we can do

I'll come see you later, the trains are most likely to be disrupted

Micah

I'm sorry, hopefully nothing is too damaged

Okay that's fine, talk to you later x

I drop my phone down onto the counter and fold my arms over my chest. What a fucking disaster... at least I could get back into bed for an hour or so.

Leaning forward to place my mug under the coffee machine and pressing the button to start. A coffee, some time in bed with Netflix and then I'd log onto my laptop and give Theo a call.

I mean Mondays have been worse than this.

After making my coffee I take myself back to bed, climbing into my lukewarm sheets and snuggling up to my pillows. I grab my laptop from the floor and pull up Netflix, anything to try and enjoy this mild lay-in.

As eight thirty soon rolls around I drag myself from my bed and make my way to the dining table, opening up my work laptop and sitting down in the chair. Soon Valentina emerges from her room, brushing her hair with a comb.

She was dressed for work and I did not envy her. "What are you still doing here?" She questions as she continues to her work bag that was sitting beside the sofa.

"Office has been flooded, have to work from home," I tell her. "You going in?"

Valentina rolls her eyes with a nod. "Yes," she grunts. "It's going to be a fucking journey getting on the train, all the roads are flooded. What if I get splashed?"