Chapter Seven

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily✨

MICAH BLEU

Things at work seemed to be better than last week, Weston wasn't running around like a headless chicken and I managed to sneak in a few chats with him as I passed by his office. Weston and Fred had sorted out what happened with the breach, losing a few clients but they built upon that and looked ahead.

A mistake was made and they were determined to fix it and show their loyalty to their clients by doing better than ever.

Weston seemed calmer which made me calmer.

When I got home one evening, a large parcel was waiting outside my apartment door. Looking down towards the tag and realising that it was for me, I bend down to pick it up and slowly carry it through our flat.

Placing it down onto the kitchen counter and pulling off my jacket and bag, I reach over to the draw to grab a pair of scissors so I could slice the tape apart to open the box. Just as I flick open the lid of the box Valentina walks through the front door, smiling at me as she does so.

"Hey," she grins widely before shutting the door behind her. "What's that?"

I shrug. "I dunno," I say. "I didn't order anything."

Valentina hums in suspension and dumps her things down beside mine and walks towards the counter. "Let's see," she says eagerly as she reaches up onto her tiptoes to look.

I pull back the box lid and reach my hand into the box, feeling another plastic box. My eyes look at the object as I pull it out, widening them instantly when I see tiny little live maggots and cockroaches.

"Oh my God," I cry out before dropping the box down onto the side. Luckily it didn't open and Valentina screeches at the sight.

"What the fuck?!" She shouts. "Why would someone send you that?"

I turn to her in horror, shaking my head in disbelief. Looking down into the box, five or six more boxes of crawling insects made my stomach churn.

Noticing a little white card at the bottom of the box, I reach in to retrieve it and glance over the words that were perfectly written on the card.

Didn't like the underwear? That's a shame, maybe you'll like these instead. Xo

My eyes blink back at the paper, Valentina snatching it from my hands to take a look herself. "What the fuck Micah? This isn't okay."

I didn't even realise that my hands began to shake in front of me. "I'm so confused," I mumble out, my mind feeling like a large complicated cloud.

"Who would even send you this?" She asks.

My shoulders shrug heavily. "That's the thing Vee, I don't even know."

"Do you think it could be from the trial maybe?" She asks gently and I look up at her.

I hadn't thought about that, since the trial Ryan did go to prison. Maybe someone was trying to fuck with me because of standing up to him.

"It could be," I say eventually. "But I don't know."

"This is just weird Micah," she shakes her head towards me. "And they know where you live, that's the worst part about it."

"I should probably ring the police and just let them know," I say as I turn my body towards her completely.

"That's a good idea," she agrees as she places a hand onto my shoulder. "Maybe Weston too. He's probably not going to want you to stay here anymore."