Chapter Ten

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

WESTON LOCKE

Over the last few weeks Micah had been staying at my apartment, hoping that Estella would eventually get the message and to leave us the hell alone. After the odd email here and there, for the last couple of days we had heard nothing from her.

I could tell it was starting to affect Micah, his efforts at work were starting to subside from his constant over-worrying but when the emails stopped, he calmed. That's all that I wanted, for him to feel safe and comfortable.

Coming home to him was one of the best feelings in the world, knowing that we could be together after having a stressful day. It was like all my worries and concerns went away, he was my cure for all things calm.

He had started teaching himself how to cook, so when I came in after him there was something for us both to eat. I loved how caring he was, we both had long days at work but he never once complained about having to make dinner, he just did it.

His cooking kills had improved tremendously, although he did say that he was following recipes from all of the different cookbooks that I have. Not that I was complaining and he seemed to enjoy it too. Certainly took his mind off what was happening outside of my apartment.

Just as I start packing my things up for the end of the day I noticed Micah's name pop up on my phone. Pressing down on the call button and raising it up to my ear. "Hey," I say through the line.

"Hey," he says back. "So I just remembered that I left my laptop at home and I've got some things on my harddrive that I wanted to work on. I'm gonna go and collect it." He tells me.

"No need," I shake my head. "I can get Darryl to take me there after work and I can collect it for you."

"Really?" He questions sounding unsure. "It's out of your way."

"Doesn't bother me," I shrug as I take a step out of my office and switch off the light. "I'll be home in like an hour."

"Okay," Micah sighs. "What do you want for dinner?"

"Let me do that," I shake my head as I walk through the empty office and down through the stairwell.

"You're not going to get my laptop and make dinner West," he says and I can tell that he rolled his eyes.

"I won't be long," I say as I reach the ground floor.

"And I'm hungry," he states. "So tell me what you want so I can make it."

A laugh slips by my lips at his words. "Fine, what about fajitas or something? That's pretty easy."

Micah hums in approval. "Sounds good to me."

"Great, see you later."

"Bye," his voice dips before cutting off the call.

Once I was outside Darryl was already waiting for me, climbing into the back of his car and telling him to take me straight to Micah's flat. The traffic at this time is nowhere near as bad at rush hour, not having to stop every two seconds because of traffic lights and pedestrians walking out in front of you.