Rumor has it that I listen to Red (Taylor's Version) when I write smut.

Honestly, though, I've read a whole lot of mature books on Wattpad and that gave me an idea on how to write smut.

That's it! There's no story behind it!

How are you doing mentally?

I won't lie and say that question didn't make me love y'all. Like I said, mentally, I tend to overwork myself. That's why I write. I escape reality with my fiction. And maybe, that's why I was so sad when Before I Escape ended because I wouldn't be able to write in that universe again.

And that is definitely why I set His Afterglow in the same universe.

For fiction:

What happened with Liam and Sierra?

Don't picture the best happily ever after. Our lovebirds definitely had their issues, but the crux is that they're happy. They're surviving in the cruel world, and they are in it together.

Will there be a sequel?

AWW. I am so happy that you're even thinking of a sequel, but no. Before I Escape won't have a sequel...but.

BUT.

His Afterglow is set after the last few chapters of Before I Escape. It will have mentions of Killian, Liam, and Sierra. It will be a bit more consensual on the ~erotic~ parts of it, and it has more of a storyline than this book did. Matteo Bruns is an overlapping character in both the books, while Antony, the male lead to 'His Afterglow', was mentioned in 'Before I Escape'.

How did you think up the characters?

I love the characters in my book. To list it all off:

Sierra was a typical party-goer before she was captured, so that was easy...but that ended in the first chapter. After that, her character was based on how her mind weighed in when she was controlled by Killian. However, after she escaped, her character got even more complex. That's when I mixed in a few of my traits in her: including her insecurity, sincerity, and limerance.

Killian, unfortunately, was all of my favorite villains mixed up. He was cocky, short-tempered, and all things bad, yet, sometimes, he did things that made me doubt if he was as bad as he seemed. I wanted that complexity in him since the start.

Liam is basically what I imagine a perfect boyfriend to be. He's caring, understanding, conversational, smart, attractive, and loving. He knows when to reprimand you and when to comfort you. Throughout the plot, he remained protective over Sierra, yet never outwardly imposed on her. I love him.