20 (S)

__________

My baby's fly like a jetstream,

High above the whole scene,

Loves me like I'm brand new.

So, call it what you want, yeah.

Call it what you want to.

__________

My shaking form lies limply in his arms, sobs wracking through my body as he strokes my back, trying to calm me down. He covers my bare torso with his jacket, the warmth slowing my breaths down, and the rhythmic movements of his hand against my back finally bring me to reality.

Fuck.

I scamper off his lap, nearly crashing onto the floor but I balance myself on my wobbly legs. I take the discarded sundress on the floor and wrap it in my hands, turning around and slipping the jacket off to put it on. 

"I-um," I say, slipping on my shoes, "I n-need to go, Liam," I complete, my hands still shaking, my legs still wobbling under my weight. I wipe the residual tears off my face with my hands, taking a deep breath, "I am sorry," I say, finally turning around to look at his pale face, his eyes wide in shock or contempt, his hands fisted by his sides in anger or empathy. I walk towards the door.

"What happened with you?" he says, barely audible. I turn around to see a lone tear on his cheek, his eyes searching my face. The weakness in my legs finally takes over, and I fall to my knees. He shoots up from his seat, rushing towards me and kneeling down. "Si..."

"I-I'm sorry, Liam," I say, my throat closing up. "I'm so sorry," I repeat, a sob finally breaking through. His arms encircle me as I cling onto his shirt, wrapping me in a tight hug.

*****

"I never would have made a move if I knew it affected you like this," he says quietly as I rest against his chest, our breaths calm and synchronized. "This wasn't your fault, you should know that," he tells me, but I stay quiet.

He huffs, "I don't know what happened to you, babe, but I know it wasn't your fault. The reaction you just had to what I did was not your fault. Okay, Sierra?"

"Yes, Liam," I say quietly, my grip on our conjoined hands tightening.

"I'm sorry, though, I should never have ma-" Liam apologizes, but I interrupt him.

"It wasn't your fault either. It's my baggage, not yours. You shouldn't be dealing with it; you shouldn't have had to. I thought I had gotten over it -- I mean, it's been years -- but apparently, I haven't. I am sorry to have put you through this," I say, turning around to look at his face, "I would get it if you want to stop dating. I mean-"

"No."

"No?" 

"I want to deal with it. I am with you on this, Si. We got this. We will deal with it," he says, with conviction. I huff, getting up.

"I don't want you to deal with it!" I tell him, throwing my hands.

Does he not get it?

I do not want him to know what I went through.

I don't want him to bring it up in every other conversation to justify my actions or patronize me.

I don't want him to be another person who looks at me like a broken doll; someone who has been violated and suffered.

"What do you mean?" he asks me calmly.

"I mean that-for god's sakes, can't you forget about this? Can't you forget that I lost my mind when we made out?!" I speak blatantly.

"How could I forget that?! How can I forget that my girlfriend broke down when I touched her? How can I forget that I probably made her relive something that affected her this badly?!"

"Please, Liam!" I yell, pleading to him with my hand folded. My eyes well with tears as I try to erase every memory of tonight.

"I'm sorry, Si-" his face twists into a thought of negation.

"I can't do this," I cut him off, turning around.

"What do you m-"

"I want to break up, Liam, I can't do this with you!" I yell out, tears flowing down my cheeks. A sob escapes my mouth and I try to tone my emotions down, try to not let him feel the pain.

"No," Liam says plainly, his body right behind mine, heat radiating off him.

"No?" I ask quietly, breathless as his lips hover over my ear.

"I won't leave you when you're like this. I won't break up with you because you want to save me from your past. I won't run when you need me...and I need you. The minute you genuinely need me to leave, and you ask me to leave: you'll never see me again. I need you," he says quietly, turning me around and tucking a hair behind my ear. "I love you, Sierra," he confesses, placing a chaste kiss on my forehead.

"I c-can't p-"

"I want to be here with you. Baggage and all," he says, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me to his chest, burying his face in my neck.

"I want to love you, Liam. B-but--" I stop, 

"I know. I will wait, Si. Unless you can't resist this sexy bod?"

Author's Note:

I kinda love this chapter...because I love Liam in it. BOYFRIEND GOALS!

Probably no person in the world is like this, but one can dream.

QOTD:

Is Liam coming forth a little too strong for Sierra, or is that what she needs?