Fifteen

2017, December

Dear Diary,

It's around 8 and in just four hours... It's going to be 2018! Which means that I'm going to be an adult!

The kids and I decided to gather together to celebrate the new year and being adults. We're also going to drink for the first time together. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time.

I always wanted to know what alcohol tastes like and now that the time for me to find out is near, I'm getting nervous... Do you think I can

"Yena?"

I drop my pencil as I get startled from the sudden knock on my door, "yes, Mom?"

"San is here."

"Okay, I'll come out right now," I put my pencil in my notebook before closing it and putting it in its special place.

Before going out, I decide to look at myself in the mirror again. Just like how I reached an agreement with Dad, I make my makeup as light and natural as possible; my eyeliner is as thin as possible, a tad bit of mascara, I don't have any eyeshadow or blush and my lipstick is in a natural color. Talking about lipstick... I had put on makeup extra early today because I was so excited and now, my lipstick is almost gone. Since today is a special day, I decided to go for a brighter shade of pink. Hopefully, Dad doesn't notice... I quickly apply another layer of the lipstick and then brush my hair a little.

I smile as I see that I look pretty. I pick up my new beige coat that I had left for today and grab my phone and black shoulder bag before going out of my room. As I walk out, I see that San is standing in the living room. But he's not alone.

He's nodding while carefully listening to Dad who's standing in front of him.

"What are you talking about?" I ask as I stand between the two men. "What's up?"

"Nothing you need to know," Dad glances at me before going to sit down. "I just told him to come back early."

Not believing Dad's words, I turn to San.

San just smiles and shrugs, "that's what he said."

"Sure, whatever you say," I nod slowly, still not believing them. Then, I look San up and down, seeing what he's wearing; a pair of black jeans with a plain black shirt topped with a denim jacket. Unlike usual when his bangs are covering his forehead, his hair is parted and is slightly showing his forehead. Man... why does he look good today...? A bit too good for me...

"Shall we get going?" San asks, causing me to stop checking him out. "Wooyoung and Yeosang are already there."

"Alright, let's go," I nod and lead the way to the door.

"Be careful," Mom says as she comes to see us out. "I know you're excited about becoming adults but don't go too far and drink too much okay?"

"Okay, Mom," I smile at her. "As the oldest of our group," I put my hand on my chest, "I'll make sure that no one drinks too much."

"There's no need to worry, Auntie," San says, "she sucks the fun out of everything anyway."

I glare at San before smacking him in the stomach. "We'll go now. Bye, Dad."

"Don't stay out too long," Dad says from the living room.

"Right, sure," I grin at Mom while she shakes her head. I wave goodbye at her as we go out of my house. When we reach the elevator, I turn to San and stare at him with narrow eyes, "what did Dad tell you?"

"I told you... He just said to make sure that I bring you home safe and sound."

"Right," I role my eyes.