Chapter 70 - Growth Liquid

Start from the beginning

"Then you have to let it sit for 10 minutes," Ni An said. "Please wait a moment."

"It's okay," Su Ling asked. "Can I take a look around?" He pointed to the instruments everywhere.

Ni An: "Don't touch those that are working. You can freely check out the rest."

Su Ling looked at all kinds of instruments, while Gu Liheng silently noted down the instruments that Su Ling stared at for a longer time.

When they returned to the workbench,  Ni An was opening the transparent cover of the spiritual plant by the window sill. He held a small pair of scissors, and carefully cutting a section from the main stem. Then he placed it in the small bottle in front of him. Ni An put away the scissors and closed the cover. After that, he tapped on the cover and adjusted the settings.  Next, he poured several liquids into the small bottle in front of him, mixing with the cut stem.

When he stopped, Su Ling asked curiously, "What fragrance are you making?"

Ni An shook his head, "It's not a fragrance, but a special-grade inhibitor, specifically for Omega who is in estrus but has no partner."

Su Ling: "Can't you just buy it online?"

Ni An: "The ones in the market have side effects. Upon usage, the person’s mood will be very depressed within a week and it is not good for the body." He sighed and looked at the window sill, "Unfortunately, the necessary raw materials for this special-grade inhibitor are not easy to obtain. Thus cannot be marketed."

In Su Ling’s mind, he searched for the spiritual plant information that he had seen in the spiritual plant registration association. Then he looked at the green plant, and asked unsurely, "Is this plant called Flower Bud Grass (花苞草)?"

The picture he saw in the storage room is very different from this green plant. The main stem of the Flower Bud Grass in the picture is straight and is more than 1m in length. It has light purple flower buds growing around the main stem from bottom to top. On the other hand, this green plant is no more than 10cm in length. The stem is smooth and no buds are growing from it.

Ni An nodded, "Yes," he looked helpless as he said, "Although it is a Grade B spiritual plant, it grows slowly and consumes a lot of nutrients. So, its rarity is about the same as a Grade A spiritual plant now."

"If an Omega is in good health and can withstand the side effects of general inhibitors, they will be forbidden to use special-grade inhibitors. Even so, this Flower Bud Grass cannot last long."

Su Ling: "Just now, you cut the raw materials out directly, will there be any problem?" Raw materials that are not voluntarily provided by the spiritual plant are likely to be toxic.

Ni An: "This Flower Bud Grass is different from other spiritual plants. It will only be considered as a spiritual plant if flower buds grow out of it. At the moment, this plant is a normal plant so direct harvesting does not affect the effect."

Su Ling looked at the Flower Bud Grass curiously, and a thought formed in his mind. His fingers subconsciously rubbed at Lóng Mó Téng on his wrist, "Is it difficult to buy Flower Bud Grass?"

"En, the existing ones are all grown by the Imperial Spiritual Plant Cultivation Institute. They are not sold to the public and the institute cooperates only with hospitals. There are also strict regulations on the quantity that hospitals of different levels can buy."

Curious, Su Ling asked,  "Is it difficult to grow the plant?"

Ni An: "The main reason is that its growth rate cannot keep up with the consumption rate. It grows too slowly. Generally, it has to grow to at least half a meter before it starts to form buds. Only with the buds, we can cultivate a new plant. But at the moment, we can hardly wait for its buds to grow, so we have to use its stem instead."