Chapter Twenty-Seven

(Angelina's POV)

I stared at my mom with disbelief first over the fact that she was actually home, and second that she was actually achknowledging my existence and it wasn't to yell at me. "Hey girls, can I have a moment alone with Angelina?" She asked from he door frame. "Um, sure, we were just about to head out. Good luck on your date Ang. Text me when it's over, Jason should be over in about fifteen." They all hugged me and walked out, leaving me alone with my mom. I sat on my bed, fiddling around with my phone in my lap. My mom spoke, causing me to jump a little. "Is it alright if I come in?" "I guess..." I mumbled, looking at the ground. She came in, and sat at the end of my bed. It was all quiet, until I heard the sound of my mom's soft cries. I looked up, and she had tears spilling down her face. "Um, mom?" I leaned forward and rubbed her hand, in my own awkward way I was trying to comfort her. "I am a terrible mother..." She sniffled. "No, you're uh, not..." I said, holding back my own opinions to comfort her. "I am. I put so much on your shoulders, and I never let you know how much I appreciate having you as my daughter. You are such a trooper, where as I fell apart the day your dad was gone, and all my weight, the anger and everything, it came down on you. And Ang, baby, I just want you to know, I am so sorry for that. From now on, everything changes. I'm going to start acting like an adult, taking care of you and loving you, because I know that's what your father would want. And I now realize that's what you need, you need me to care and to love you. And sweetie please know, I am going to be an amazing mom from here on out." She said. I looked at her, she had every tint of sincerity in her eyes. I felt my eyes cloud up. "Oh, mommy..." I jumped into her arms, and she held me close while I sat in her lap, rocking back and forth in a soothing motion, as if I were a baby again. We both calmed down, and she looked down at me and wiped my tears away, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "I love you sweetheart, I hope you know that." "I love you too mommy." I sniffled, and a smile spread across my face. "Goodness, I can't believe my baby is going on her first date tonight." My mom said. I blushed, and smiled. "I really like him mommy. It's weird, when I'm with him, it feels like my heart's smiling." "Awe, baby. Well, I just heard a door slam, so, I think he's here. Do you want me to meet him?" She asked. I nodded, and we walked down together, after I fixed myself of course. I opened the door, and there stood Jason. He wrapped me in his embrace. "You look beautiful, Ang." My cheeks turned bright red, and I mouthed "Thank you." to him. My mom talked to him a bit, and then we headed out. "Where are we heading to?" I asked curiously. "Albivi's. Vin's parents own the place, we've got the whole place o ourselves, compliments of Vin." Jason smiled, intertwining my fingers with his. I felt a huge smiled spread across my face as we walked to Albivi's in silence. I don't know what it is, but I have a gut feeling tonight is going to be great...