"Only ones she wanted."

"And Legolas... she loved him?" She nimbly questioned, finding a strand of hair with her fingers and twisting it softly.

"She loved Legolas more than anything, more than life. She had prayed for a child as pure as him for so long. He was her dream..." the king explained, staring deep into her bright blue eyes, "and she was mine,"

"I am sorry, as elves death is so unexpected, it is crueller," Simbelmynë uttered, focusing her attention back on the horse for a moment, she feared the day Solmyr would leave this Earth, she also feared when Beorn's time would come; then she would be truly alone.

"Indeed it is," he agreed, looking on at the elleth focusing her attention on her beloved horse. He cleared his throat, "I came to query your attendance at the feast of starlight this night."

She hummed, "I shall attend, supposing I already have a gown in my wardrobe,"

"I shall see you next with the stars," he wished her farewell, patting the horses snout one last time, accidentally touching her fingers slightly.

She looked up at the king as he made his leave, "farewell, Thranduil."

Simbelmynë watched the king leave, feeling her nervous energy leave in a sigh with him. The king made her nervous, cautious of what he would tell her next. Fear he may say something which would turn her world upside down once more.

After all she had found in this place and all she had been told, the elleth feared what else she would eventually been told. It was strange, she had never felt so close to discovering the truth. So why was she running from it? What could be so terrible from accepting what she had been told?

 So why was she running from it? What could be so terrible from accepting what she had been told?

"Psst! Simbelmynë!" The elleth froze, her hand stuck to the horses neck. Her eyes looked over the large horse, spotting a peculiar sight in the stable surrounded with hay. How could this be? Had he been hidden in this kingdom for all this time?

"Bilbo!" She excitedly yelled, watching his eyes widen and finger fall to his lips. Oh right, they were in enemy territory... She stopped herself, instead whispering excitedly, "Bilbo what are you doing here..."

"Trying to rescue the company," he told her, standing closer to the wall of the stable, in case some eyes were to dare look in. 

Simbelmynë returned back to brushing the horse, attempting to look nothing out of the ordinary. She glanced back at the Hobbit, "I'm guessing that has not panned out well,"

"It has been difficult. I have spoken to the company but trying to get around the King to get to you has been more than difficult," he spoke under his breath before raising his brow up at the elleth, "what exactly is his interest in you?"

"It is a terribly long story I will ensure to tell you when I can, but we have an opportunity tonight to escape this place. There is a a feast of stars tonight, the elves will be too busy or intoxicated," she explained, deflecting the question as quickly as possible.

"What do you need me to do?"

"Free our friends, take them down the river however way you can."

"What about you?" Bilbo quizzed, wondering how exactly the elf would break free of the King's gaze. For all the time he had tried to reach her, the King was never far away.

She sighed, "the King does not keep me out of his gaze long. I will keep him occupied and sneak away when I can,"

"Are you sure about this?" he wondered aloud, his weary gaze analysing her cool posterior. Little did he know it was all an act, how could she be calm knowing that she was escaping a place she was unsure she ever wanted to leave.

"It is the only choice we have Mr Baggins," Simbelmynë declared solemnly.

He nodded.

"Stay hidden Bilbo, we may come out of this alive," 

"Oh, I hope so," he spoke worriedly into the air, watching the elleth's eyes flash with sadness and fear. Was she making the right decision? Obviously the elleth would only find out. She made Thorin a promise, though, a promise she was not willing to abandon.

Yet all she could think of was what promises she had quite possibly made to the King, those which she had lost from her memory.

S T A R L I G H TOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara