C H A P T E R 15

C H A P T E R 15 - You were always mine, I just had to find you.

~Try not to forget me~

Simbelmynë sat unmoving in the large bath, her eyes were cloudy and her mind a haze of visions, voices and what felt like dreams. All of what she saw, heard and felt, it made her body seize and stop all action.

It all felt so real, but it was so fuzzy...

"Asteraêa of Lothlórien?" The stranger recalled.

"You've heard of me?"

Tauriel's brows were furrowed as she brushed through the Elleth's wet and wavy blonde hair, slathering it with oils and minerals. It was amazing how after one wash her hair was brought back to life.

His stoic expression once again formed to a smirk, "do not flatter yourself, mi'lady," he recalled, "I was sent here to collect you and take you to the palace,"

"Yes... Well, clearly you have me," She attempted, gesturing with her eyes at the close proximity between them.

"Seems I do..."

Simbelmynë's mind clicked onto the real world but was soon shaken straight into her visions. What was happening?

"Did anyone tell you why I'm here?"

His pupils dilated slightly, "nay, seems I was not informed,"

"I'm to wed the Prince of Mirkwood," he didn't react, "the future King..." she tried again. Still no reaction, his amused expression stayed the same. "Heard of him... at all?"

The stranger smirked.

She fell back into the dreams...

She remember that smirk like she had seen it every day of her life, as if when she turned over in her sleep it was the first thing to greet the morning.

She loved that smirk. But how did she know that?

Tauriel could feel the way her shoulders would tense and and relax, almost convulsing through whatever seemed to be on her mind in that very moment. Her head seemed to turn, roll back and snap as if she were no longer in control.

"Simbelmynë?"

"Asteraêa!"  Simbelmynë looked back to see Thranduil calling behind her, rushing down the hall after the tearful blonde. Simbelmynë felt hot tears slip down her cheeks. She continued running, heading up the spirals of stairs and rushing into the circular room of the left tower.

Why was she running?

Why was she crying?

What happened?

"Asteraêa! Stop, please!" She could hear behind her, but her body simply didn't listen, it only ran in utter desperation to the door.

Pushing open the door without care, she lazily wiped her tears with her sleeve. Her bright eyes searched the room, taking in every piece of the room. Tumbling into the decorated room she leant over the furniture in the centre of the room.

Why?

She looked down into the empty crib...

"Simbelmynë? Are you alright?" Tauriel asked, her eyes full of worry, slightly shaking her shoulder to see if she would respond, even in the slightest.

The woman's head snapped to the side once more, the breath in her throat screaming out of her throat, eyes rolling back, as another vision hit her mind.