Unit 451

"Katniss was shot

"Katniss was shot." were the first words Elliot heard when she walked out of the small hospital.

"Wha-"

"Katniss is seeing Peeta-"

"Thanks for the assessment Beetee but- wait" She paused her steps. "Katniss is going to try and talk to Peeta?"

"Well, they saw how well he did with you and he has some memory of her."

"Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Not up to me." Beetee shrugged. They had made it to the end of the hallway when a tall, lean man with dark skin and a shaved head approached the pair.

"Elliot Young?" He spoke in a deep voice. She nodded in response, a little hesitant. "My name is Boggs, I'm president Coin' second in command." he reached out his hand, wanting Elliot to clasp it with her own. She just raised an eyebrow suspectedly at the man until Beetee nudged her, knocking her out of her thoughts and silently telling her to shake his hand, which she complied to.

"May I speak to her Alone, Latier?" Boggs spoke, dropping his hand from Elliot and moving his eyes to Beetee. Beetee looked to Elliot for confirmation and once she nodded, he did the same, backing up and rolling back down the hall.

"I have a unit going out to transfer Katniss to the capital and I know you just got out of the hospital, but we do want you with the team."

"Okay? When?"

"We're flying out today. This unit is to shoot propaganda footage and to inspire surrender and rebellion, we are not a combat unit."

"Then what the hell is the point of having me there, when you don't need me."

"But we do, you are one of the most well known Victors in all of Panem, seeing you alive for the first time since your screening in the capital might spark some rebellion."

Elliot considered this for a moment, "all right."

Elliot hadn't seen Finnick since the incident and now she was supposed to ride in a hovercraft with him to District 2. Her leg bounced up and down, she was strapped into her seat with Katniss' camera crew, Boggs and Finnick. Elliot could feel Finnick' heavy gaze on her, it was like he was trying to memorize everything about her, the way her face always formed a slight frown when she was focussing on anything. He wanted everything about her to be locked into his memory, the way her nose curved, the way her eyes darted around the hovercraft and the way her foot bounced whenever she got nervous. Lastly he wanted to know her eyes, her beautiful chocolate eyes, they were so mesmerizing that he could paint them a thousand times and never be tired of the dark brown orbs. They were like the ground, his eyes complemented hers, his eyes were green like the grass and the beautiful plant life but her were brown like the dirt, the soil that his eyes were planted in, that made him grow.

Elliot lifted her gaze to meet his green eyes, they held eye contact for a few minutes until Elliot lowered her gaze back down.

"Finnick?" Katniss stood up when she saw the small group, Walking over to the pair, Finnick had his spear in both of his hands behind his back, one on each side of the weapon. Elliot had several small knives hiding in pockets but in her hand she held a falchion sword.