District 13

In the cell Elliot suddenly shot up something loud coming from upstairs

In the cell Elliot suddenly shot up something loud coming from upstairs. She heard a voice she thought she would never be glad to hear but there he was.

"My name is Finnick Odair, the winner of the 65th hunger games, and I'm coming from district thirteen alive and well." He's safe. "We survived an assault from the capitol. But I'm not here to give you recent news."

"You hear Finnick too?" Elliot asked in a hazed voice, her world was spinning and her words were slurred, Johanna returned a soft grunt in agreement. Suddenly a guard came in.

"Last doce." He quickly stuck the needle in Elliot's arm and walked out in a hurry, Johanna and Elliot both made an odd expression. Peeta had not returned to the cells for a few days, The girl's hoped he was alive.

"Johanna... I don't- something's happening."

"I know it's weird."

"No I-" Then Elliot's entire vision went dark.

"Elliot? Elliot!" Johanna screamed, hearing Elliot's head fall to the ground. The silence she got in return scared everything out of Johanna. "No! No!" tears started streaming down the girls cheeks, Elliot couldn't be dead, not after everything. "Please." Her voice broke, she can't be dead. Johanna crawled to the door of the cell hoping she might be able to see around the wall that separated them. But to no avail, all she saw was the long narrow halfway that was lined with cells. Who else could they be keeping in here?

"Why is Finnick doing a propo?" Katniss questioned Haymitch, they were in the screening room with all the high tech equipment, Beetee barely left this room.

"It's a lot more than that." Haymitch answered, he was weird sober, normal maybe? Calmer? Who knows.

"Beetee' commandeered the system." Alma Coin spoke, she was the president of district thirteen.

"Now that they're down to generator power" Beetee started to explain "there's a more limited range of frequencies available to them. And I'm filling them all up with Finnick." he pointed to the computer which had a bunch of programming Katniss didn't quite understand.

"Not many will see it but whoever does will think it's another propo." Plutarch Heavensbee spoke.

"What they don't know is this broadcast is jamming their entire system with noise. Early defense warning," Beetee started to count things with his fingers. "Internal communications, everything. As long as the broadcast goes through, our team should be able to get in and out undetected."

"The truth. Not the myths of a life of luxury, not the lie of glory for your homeland. You can survive the arena. The moment you leave, you're a slave." Finnick spoke through the screen, he was outside where Snow had dropped all the white roses after the attack. Katniss looked at who was one the ride to the capitol, the screen next to finnick face displayed six men in gear. The two she recognised were Gale and Boggs.