Chapter 54 - Investigation

Start from the beginning

"Yes, ma'am."

Gu An got in the car with dark eyes. He tapped his bracelet and checked the system’s operation log of the car. At the same time, he asked the driver, "Did someone talked to you just now?"

"How do you know, Young master?" The driver was a little surprised but soon realized something. Lowering his voice, he asked, "The lady wants to take action on Young master?"

Gu An looked at the system log and was very satisfied. The corners of his mouth rose up to a sneer, and his usual well-behaved appearance was quite different. He said, "There should be some misunderstanding."

When he returned home, he went directly to the study and dialed his father Gu Ming’s number, "Father." Then he told his father about Mother Gu.

Gu Ming immediately asked, "Do they manage to get anything from you?"

"No, I have a full set of equipment in the car, and I am usually cautious."

Gu Ming applauded his son and reminded him, "Just act normal and go on with your business as usual. It has been so many years now, it is impossible for her to find out what happened. She is bluffing you."

Gu An was a little worried, "Father, is that person really dead?"

"Very possible. Because if he is still alive, there is no reason not to touch his own money in his bank account." Gu Ming said with regret, "It's a pity. I will feel more at ease to watch him die with my own eyes."

Gu An was relieved, "Is Father’s work going well?"

"Very smoothly. By the way, have you found the reason for Gu Liheng's three-month holiday?" Gu Ming asked.

Gu An: "I can only investigate that he has seen a psychologist during the vacation, but not sure what is the specific situation."

Gu Ming was a little surprised to hear that, "A psychologist?" He snorted coldly, "I didn't expect that a freak like him would still need a psychologist." He will never forget how a 10-years-old Gu Liheng managed to unnerve him. This is a great shame to him.

Gu An: "I have consulted someone about the possibility. Someone who looked strong on the outside like him maybe fragile in his heart. His father died young, and his mother was hospitalized for a long time because of the rejection illness. These experiences are likely to be trauma left in his heart."

"This is excellent news," Gu Ming thought for a moment. "Try to inquire about the specific situation. Didn’t someone with a similar condition went crazy from excessive stimulation before? Find a way to make his condition worsen that could ruin him completely."

Gu An: "I have a good suggestion. He has an Omega now."

"Really?" Gu Ming was surprised and then laughed, "Great, he is seeking his own doom! Which family’s Omega?"

"Just an abandoned son from the Su Family. Father, you don't have to worry."

Gu Ming: "Then you figure it out."

"Yes, Father."

...

At 5.30pm, Su Ling, Gu Liheng, and the researcher group had dinner together before going to the spiritual plant room.

Xian Mo Yu's roots were drinking the nutrient solution happily, while Lóng Mo Téng stayed motionless on its petals as if it really growing together with the petals instead of a separate spiritual plant.

Su Ling approached Xian Mo Yu and told it about their next arrangement, "It's time to change places. You can't drink the nutrient solution for the next 3 days, so you will have to hunt for food yourself."

Upon hearing that, Xian Mo Yu's petals drooped down, and its roots wrapped around the nutrient solution’s container, expressing that it is unwilling to give up the nutrient solution.

Su Ling smiled and reached out to touch its petals, "I know you are super amazing, so you should let other people see how amazing you are! They will definitely be shocked."

Xian Mo Yu's roots loosened, and one root rose in front of him, moving up and down.

Su Ling's eyes curved into a smile, thinking that compliments are really useful. He said, "Then I’ll put you in the space storage now."

Xian Mo Yu's roots nodded again.

Hearing this, Lóng Mo Téng, who had been staying motionless, suddenly broke away from circling Xian Mo Yu’s petals and then moved swiftly to Su Ling's hand. In the process, it shrank itself quickly and flexibly circled 3 times around Su Ling's left wrist.

Su Ling looked down and saw that Lóng Mo Téng’s original emerald green leaves have become almost black. At first glance, they looked like a bracelet. The ‘bracelet’ was quite unique. The black ‘strap’ was decorated with black three-lobed leaves. The leaves are small, and the tip is very sharp. It gleamed in black light, which looks incredibly sharp.

"Whoa, why has it become so small?" Old Third asked in surprise.

Ye Lei made a record of his observation, "It should be a kind of camouflage ability."

A flash of warmth could be felt on Su Ling's wrist where the leaves were. He rubbed his hand casually and was stunned when he touched Lóng Mo Téng. He observed carefully and found that Lóng Mo Téng's black stem looked like grown from his hand. His scalp instantly felt numb but rubbing his hands, Su Ling can see that Lóng Mo Téng steadily rests on his hand, and he doesn't feel anything except the warmth he felt on his skin earlier.

"You, you..." He took a deep breath, "Can you go down?"

Xian Mo Yu's roots immediately stood up, and one of the roots bent to flick Su Ling's forehead. His son is too naive. How can he reject such good bodyguard! Then it turned to communicate with its little friend, "My son was joking; I have already taught him a lesson!" Next, it made a tearful expression, "If only I can shrink myself as well… Then I don't need to stay in the space storage, and I can protect my son at any time."

Lóng Mo Téng: "Stop with your stupid crying. He won’t be in any danger with me here."

"It's really great to see you again!" The roots wrapped around Su Ling's wrist and rubbed against Lóng Mo Téng.

Lóng Mo Téng's leaves became erected, and the tips jabbed at the roots. The roots shook, loosened quickly, and only swayed around at the side.

Su Ling: "..." His terrified emotion suddenly dissipated a lot.

A gentle and soothing feeling washed over Su Ling, and Lóng Mo Téng’s leaves were shimmering with a faint fragrance. Su Ling quickly understood that the vine is expressing its friendliness to him. Immediately afterward, Lóng Mo Téng loosened up.  Both ends of its vine are connected together to form a circle. Su Ling rubbed his wrist and was relieved to see no traces on it.

The next moment, Lóng Mo Téng once again disguised as a bracelet. In Su Ling’s mind, he saw a picture of 2 stick figures: an adult hugging a child. Su Ling looked at Lóng Mo Téng, who had become the size of a bracelet, thinking that his behavior just now made it feel sad, and it is asking for comfort. After a moment of thinking, he placed his palm on his wrist and hugged Lóng Mo Téng.