Chapter 45 - Lovers

Start from the beginning

Gu Liheng's tone was low, and he stared at Su Ling, not missing any of his expressions as he said, "I have an illness, and I don’t know when exactly I would be healed. There are chances I may never be completely healed. Initially, I thought that if I can't give you happiness, I will never accept you. And if I am cured, as long as you are unmarried, even if you like other people, I will pursue you."

This is indeed his male god’s way of thinking. Su Ling asked, "So you have changed your mind now?"

Gu Liheng nodded, "I can't bear imagining you like other people, and I don’t trust other people to care for you. But I can't marry you, because my illness is not healed. If there is no cure, at least you still have a way out."

Su Ling frowned, "So you mean to have a relationship without marriage?"

Did he see Gu Liheng wrongly? Is male god going to be the same as mom’s boyfriends?

Seeing him upset, Gu Liheng apologized, "Sorry, I am too selfish."

He didn't want to give up the young man, but he didn’t want him(SL) to take unnecessary risks either. Hence, he made a very unaccountable decision. After he finished speaking, Gu Liheng tapped at his bracelet, and Su Ling's bracelet rang the next moment.

It was a message from male god.

Su Ling glanced at his male god strangely. The man is clearly right in front of him, so why did he sent him a message? He tapped it to check and became silent. There is only one attachment in the message; it was an agreement for property transfer. Su Ling doesn't know how much specifically, but after seeing the transfer of 30% for each item, he knows it worth a lot. He paid attention to the Gu company’s Bo Yan. Though his understanding was not specific, he at least knew that the Gu company is very rich.

"What do you mean by this?"

Gu Liheng: "I can't give you a guarantee in the form of marriage. But with this way, even if my illness cannot be cured, you can live well without me."

Su Ling: "Isn't this just the same as getting married?"

Thinking of his male god's ‘illness’, Su Ling doesn’t know how to explain that he doesn’t mind. He(SL) is a man too back in his world, so he knows how badly this ‘illness’ hurts men.

"No matter what your illness is, I don't mind. I think you are fine to me right now."

Gu Liheng was very touched, but still hold on to his reason, "You are still young, and there are many things that ...can't stand the trial of time."

This is true. Su Ling can't refute age, let alone swear that he will never change. It's hard to make male god believe him.

Clenching his fingers into a fist, Gu Liheng said lightly, "So, are you still willing to be with me?"

Su Ling: "Of course I do," he emphasized again, "I really don't care about your illness. I know you don't believe it now, but I will make you believe it!" He looked serious, "Promise me this. When you are finally convinced that I don't care about the illness and that we are happy together, you must marry me even if the illness cannot be completely cured."

Gu Liheng: "Alright."

The main reason why he didn't want to marry the young man at the moment was that he is worried that he(SL) will feel depressed and unhappy after staying with him for a long time. If the young man is happy with him, he naturally is willing to marry him(SL).

Su Ling laughed and pointed at his bracelet, "Then this is not necessary."

Gu Liheng frowned slightly, but Su Ling raised his hand and tapped his index finger between his forehead, "Don't frown. I don't need these things yet."