AUs and stuff

Greetings. Here is something that Mukuro wrote for this, she is amazing at writing, and far better than I am xD, so I thank her a lot.

Hello strangers of the Wattpad Realm! You can call me Mukuro. I'm a chuunibyou like Miruhii, but more toned down, and main writer for our society's magical girl AU.

Hold on, writer? Why not just stick with AUs based off of Sailor Moon and Precures and other popular magical girl anime? They usually work well if you need to roleplay. That's true! If you're a chuuni and need an AU for roleplaying, self inserts or basing AUs off of can be a great start. The Magical Girl Society (MGS) is a group of people, though, and whether you're with a group or just by yourself, it can be really fun and satisfying to come up with your own magical girl AU. You can insert all the inside jokes you want (or just things you find funny) and have them be part of the main lore of your AU. It's hilarious.

The best place to start when it comes to writing alternate universes is any other work of fiction! You can include references/allusions/similarities to any fandoms you're in, or other universes you've read. Total plagiarism's not okay though. (Total plagiarism, or just plagiarism would honestly be a pretty cool name for an attack, arc, or lore)

Our alternate universe started because of everyone in the MGS's interest in astrology - more specifically, the zodiac signs, and the stereotypes that come with them. Why is it that sometimes zodiac signs' stereotypes can be accurate, and sometimes they're not? What would it be like to live in a world where those stereotypes were heavily believed in by most of society? That's how the zodiac realm was born.

(I feel like I'm writing an argumentative + informative essay or some sort of fancy article. This is stupidly funny lol)

To start out with your own realm, think of things that are interesting to you and/or your friend group. I find that's the best way to start writing an original AU. The original idea of AU is the first concept - an idea that sounds cool for you to write.

After that, start writing the backstory for the AU.