Better Than A Baseball Bat

Start from the beginning

Derek looked now knowing Stiles' words were true. Anna would die. He was losing her, right now he would have given anything for one of her signature remarks or a simple 'I told you so' would have been worth something. He didn't know if he could handle losing Anna again, after it felt like he just got her back.

“Not yet.” Scott cuts into Stiles' rant.

Stiles moves back over to Anna his hand running over his face. Cora's eyes stay glued to her sister. Scott walked over and stood next to Stiles.

“Is she really dying?” Scott asks Peter who is still tending to Anna.

“She's definitely not getting any better.” Peter remarks.

“There has to be something that we can do. We have to help her.” Stiles mutters.

The double doors swing open causing everyone except the still unconscious Anna to look over and see the women who was masquerading as the English teacher Jennifer Blake. “You can't. Only I can. I can save Anna, and I can tell you where Sheriff Stilinski is. But there is a pack of Alphas in this hospital who want me dead. So I'll help you, but only when I'm out of here and safe. Only then.”

As she finishes her demands Derek charges at her and flips over the table in his way, only to be grabbed by Cora and Scott.

“Derek, wait!” Scott says.

“She was trying to get out.” Derek spits with as much venom as he can.

“I was trying to keep from getting killed. You can't blame me for that.” Jennifer defends.

“If you want to show you're one of the good guys, then heal her.” Cora snaps.

“Not until your safe.” Jennifer replies.

“I'd like to volunteer a different method of persuasion since Anna's life is on the line here, let's torture the teacher.” Peter cuts in.

“Works for me.” Cora agrees as she loosens her grip on her brother.

A high pitched squeak comes from the speakers as the P.A is turned on.

“Um, can I have your attention? Mr. Deucalion... Ex..excuse me, just Deucalion requests you bring the woman calling herself Jennifer Blake to the E. R reception. Do this and everyone else can leave. You have 10 minutes.” The speaker then goes silent.

Scott stares at the speaker a little longer after hearing his mother's scared voice.

“He's not gonna hurt her.” Jennifer states.

“Shut up.” Cora snaps.

“He won't! Scott you know why. Tell them it's true.” Jennifer argues.

“What does she mean?” Derek questions Scott.

Jennifer gives Scott an imploring look but when he doesn't speak she rolls her eyes annoyed and explains for him.

“You're not the only one he wants in his pack.” Everyone then turns to look at Scott.

“Deucalion doesn't just want an Alpha pack. He wants perfection. That means adding the rarest of Alphas to his ranks.”

“A true Alpha.” Peter mumbles. Everyone turns to look back at him.

“What's that?” Stiles questions from his spot next to Anna.

“The kind that doesn't have to steal his power from another. One that can rise by the force if his own will. Our little Scott.” Peter explains while sending a look to Scott.

“It doesn't matter. We still need to get Anna out of here.” Scott states.

“Scott your mom....” Stiles starts but Scott cuts him off.

“My mom said there's one more ambulance coming in 20 minutes. And I don't think we've been here that long, so if we can get down to the garage, get to the last ambulance, we can get out of here.”

“The twins aren't gonna let us just walk out.” Cora comments.

“I'll distract them.” Scott states.

“You mean fight them.” Derek corrects.

“Whatever I have to do.” He replies.

“I'll help you.” Derek states.

“Um, sorry, but I'm not going anywhere without you, Derek.” Jennifer cuts in.

“I'll go.” Cora says.

“I'll do it. But I'd prefer to be out there with an advantage.” Peter adds.

“An advantage like what? You mean like a weapon.” Stiles asks.

“Something better than a baseball bat.” 

Okay so this is what the next chapters are gonna be like while Anna is asleep and we're gonna see a lot more flashbacks and I thought Stanna was pretty cute during this even though Stiles was the only one awake.

     So let me know what you think of this chapter and what kind of flashbacks you would want to see more of so I can add them

Comment, Vote, Follow :)