Jack

Imagine Jack showing you his drawings. (Scenario One)

Setting: Jack is sitting in bed, drawing. You enter the room.

You: Hey Jack.

Jack: Hi.

You get into bed and cuddle up with him.  You notice what he's drawing.

You: Are they?

Jack: Yes.

He begins telling you stories about the people he's drawing.

Jack: This lady, it was raining, her car broke down. She was frantically trying to find someone to tow it. All she wanted   was to take care of her car, so she could go home.

You: And Benjamin taunted you into killing her.

Jack: He used you as bait. He always used you as bait. He said whatever he could, he made threats. Everything he said about you pushed me over the edge.

He goes to another drawing and continues.

Jack: This man was with his infant daughter.

You: Is that her?

Jack: Yes. It's how she'd look now.  They were shopping on a Saturday afternoon. They were just about to leave when...

You: Oh Jack. Benjamin...the daughter too.

Jack: No. Just the father. The daughter was in a carseat...she was...crying hysterically

He starts getting emotional.

Jack: And all I could do was leave her there...screaming in fear, at what I'd done to her father. I wanted to stay with her and call the police, so at least someone could help her, but Benjamin....

You: He forced you to walk away

Jack: As if nothing had happened. The law eventually found her and returned her to her mother. But that...that desperate cry and....her little face still haunt me till this day and it always will.

You put your arms around him and let him cry into your shoulders.