"No. Her speaking without the doll was almost unheard of until only recently." Alcina replied.

Donna gently enveloped her hand with mine. They were as cold as ice.

"He helped... me." She said.

Everyone was quiet at her words. Anytime she spoke we listened especially the daughters.

"Had I never come along, though it wasn't by choice. I don't think she would have been able to stand it any longer." I said. "She never had the same gift you did Alcina. Realizing that I still chose to give her something greater. A family."

Daniela and Bela both smiled rubbing their bellies. Donna too as well did the same. Marianne looked confused at them and asked.

"Is everyone hungry or something?"

Cassandra held back her laughter as did the rest of us.

"No it's just the temporary home of your siblings little one." Alcina gently patted the top of her head.

"Why are they in there and not out here?"

"Preferably it may now be a good time to explain to her the birds and the bees." Heisenberg looked over at us.

Alcina gave him a glare. Donna mouthed the words to herself in confusion.

"Just a suggestion. Kids gotta know sometime and she looks old enough to understand it."

"Birds and bees?" Marianne looked puzzled. "What are those?"

"I'll explain it in a way it doesn't gross you out sweetie." I rubbed my eyes.

The Village has never been so desolate, so full, and yet so sorrowful at what it has become. Bodies of mangled corpses and the nauseating stench of blood was all that could meet the eyes and nose. Any life that used to thrive was extinguished long ago. Miranda gave one simple order and that order became the death of innocents and heretics. Her decision caused many faithful pawns to be used in her twisted game of chess. Right now, however, she only has so few knights when the rooks are so close to checkmate. Without her pawns and bishops she became defenseless. It was only a matter of time before the Queen must fall even with the King being the only remaining piece after the Queen.

"I cannot lose to those insufferable creatures of my making." Miranda spoke to the empty space. "I WILL BRING MY DAUGHTER BACK!"

Her thundering voice shook the ground and more roots from the Mutamycete began to sprout from the Earth. A rude awakening was in store as she spread her wings and felt a root pierce her chest. Blood spurted from her chest and leaked from the corners of her mouth.

"GIVE mE PoWEr!!!!" Her voice became distorted.

The spear embedded within her body pulsed and a shockwave occured. Within mere moments her body shook violently before becoming still. The remaining life that resided within her died as her breaths became heavier. It was a pitiful site.

"E....va..."

A crack formed on her face. Following suite more cracks appeared across her mangled body. Her many limbs and wings ripped off her back and arms. Right before it seemed her body would break another shockwave occured slowing down the process entirely. The cracks slowly burned on her skin and she bellowed out in pain. Her skin became as hard as wood and her body contorted in unimaginable ways. Her shadow danced across a massive fetus enveloped in a black mass painting a picture of her transformation. Her cries echoed through the hills until it came to a silent stop. A body ripped apart from itself and broke free from the pierced Miranda. It was small until it touched the Earth growing back into Miranda's size.