Chapter 1 - Rebirth

Start from the beginning

He glanced at Su Ling's bare feet, "Do you need my help?"

Su Ling looked at the sunlight falling on his left shoulder and forced a smile, "It’s alright."

He read many rebirth and transmigration novels before but never thought that this kind of thing would really happen to him. But with this current situation, he has no choice but to think in this direction. He felt like he could see the news header now - ‘A certain university student staying up late for days consecutively in the laboratory and suffered sudden death’. A thought flashed through his mind - 'Staying late hurts the body!'

After accepting this speculation, he gently exhaled, and his tense emotions relaxed a little. Good thing he didn't encounter a supernatural event in the daytime! As soon as he relaxed, his senses felt much sharper. Frowning, Su Ling wrinkled his nose and looked around. Then he looked at the man and asked, "Did you smell something bad?"

Right after that, Su Ling quickly followed with an adjective, "Like a rotten egg." He couldn't help guessing, "Who threw uneaten eggs here and left them to rot?" When he said that, his expression was obviously disgusted, indicating that he hated the smell very much.

The man's eyelids slightly moved, his calm expression flashed for a second unexpectedly. The man was silent for a moment, then a small rectangular transparent sheet suddenly appeared in his hand, and he handed it to Su Ling, "You may need this."

Su Ling pointed at the sheet in confusion, "This is?"

The man was about to answer when a low, clear sound came from the black 'watch' on his wrist. He handed the sheet to Su Ling, and Su Ling subconsciously pinched it. The man pressed down at one side of the 'watch'. A small earphone popped up. After putting on the earphone, the man tapped his finger on the dial. He listened silently for a while before saying, "We will have a meeting in 15mins." Then he took off the earphone and skillfully put it back on the ‘watch’.

Su Ling looked at his series of movements curiously. This ‘watch’ seems to be a mobile phone?

The man looked at him and pointed to the round button on the wall of the ward door behind him, "You can press the call button if you need a doctor."

Su Ling looked back and thanked him with a smile, "Alright, thank you."

A slight nod and the man strode past him and left.

Su Ling looked down at the thin sheet in his hand. Then he heard footsteps, when he looked up, he saw four men in black suits came over and stood at the door of the ward where the man had come out. Four pair of eyes fell on him, looking at him differently.

Su Ling was confused when he suddenly realized that those people might be thinking he has some ulterior motives. He smiled at the bodyguards and said, "I was just passing by." After that, he turned and walked back. Su Ling felt a little nervous in his heart because he doesn't know what is his identity right now, and whether he has any relatives. Just when he was about to arrive back at the ward, a woman with delicate makeup and a petite figure approached him. There was also a male doctor in a white coat next to her.

The woman saw him and glared at him. Then she quickly stepped forward, with a helpless and concerned tone, "Do you know how worried I was? Why did you run around?"

Someone came out of the ward beside them and muttered, "So damned smelly." The door slammed shut.

The woman grabbed the transparent sheet from Su Ling's hand and turned her back to the doctor. Her expression was a bit ugly, but her tone sounded very gentle, "Don’t you know to put on the isolator before you go out?" As she said that, she placed the thin sheet on the back of Su Ling's neck.