Date or Not ?

Sorry for the late update but I have bad news.

My friend "IHateHeroes" is no longer with us. She passed away today morning due to covid-19 issues. Please let the people know on her profile and on her stories.

--------------------------

"Sandaime-sama. Did you know my parents?" Blank blue eyes stared directly at Hiruzen following the seven year old's question. The boy was almost scrutinizing him. Those eyes... They belonged on some of his most experienced Shinobi. The way they surveyed a room. How little emotion lingered in those twin sapphires. The third Hokage's lips shifted before he answered the young boy.

I didn't Naruto. You were one of many orphans that night."

Another lie. How many had he told to the boy? How many more would he tell? The old man mentally shook his head at the thought. It didn't matter. The village came first. The mighty tree was destined to prosper. The young boy continued to stare at Hiruzen with an expression that bordered on disdain. The young blonds fingers curled from the inside of his pants. Clawing at the pocketed fabric. A minute of silence followed before Naruto began to leave the room.

Hiruzen watched him the entire time with narrowed eyes. Naruto's hand pulled at the knob to the door of the Hokage's Office before giving one last statement. A statement that would set course a string of negative events all centered around the blond. Hiruzen would regret this day with his entire being.

"Your bottom lip twitches every time you lie. How many more lies will you tell me I wonder?"

The door to the office opened and Naruto left the room without another word. Never glancing behind his back. Hiruzens' eyes stared at his desk before glancing towards the portraits of the former Hokage. Was it worth it?

--------------------------

"So, tell me about your trip! What did you and that old perv do?" Tsunade had Naruto's arm trapped between her bust as she lead the way though the village. The boy didn't truly mind allowing his Aunt to basically take charge. Wherever she chose to go he'd follow.

"Trained. We visited several other Villages. It was... interesting." His eyes found hers as he tried to show more emotion. Tsunade gave a proud smile and her shoulders swung side to side lightly.

"Good! And which did you enjoy the most?" She stared directly at his face as his eyes narrowed. His head tilted slightly and he gave a slow blink.

"I did not mind Kirigakure... The weather was adequate. I have an interest in taking up a sword. Jiraiya-Sensei was unable to assist me in that regard." Tsunade raised an eyebrow at the statement.

"Do you want me to have Neko show you the ropes?" The boy blinked before glancing towards her.

"You don't have to go out of your-." He was cut off as Tsunade placed her index finger on his lips. Her face was stern as she gazed into his eyes.

"Yes or no?" The boy didn't verbally respond and instead just nodded his head at the question. The busty beauty continued to stare for several more seconds before smiling and giving a satisfied nod.

"Good. Neko!" The blonde shouted. "Draft up a training regime after I test his combat abilities." There was no verbal response but the woman knew that Neko was listening. If not, she'd be punted across the village. Favorite ANBU member or not, everyone was equal.

The villagers and Shinobi alike gave a wide berth as the two blondes made their way through Konohas main road. While they may have hated the boy when he was younger, they now feared him. Even after he had practically saved the village from a rampaging Bijuu their opinions remained the same.