Chapter 13: Truth hurts

Start from the beginning

Jimin walks to the bathroom. Locking himself up in one of the rooms, he lets his tears fall down. Can't stop thinking about the fact that he just confessed and got rejected. How can he erase that memory of Jungkook's three words without having hope because It felt so real. How Jungkook said it, his serious big doe eyes were screaming love to him. How can he forget? For a moment, he believed Jungkook didn't say those three words in a best friend manner, but who would have the nerve to think that way when Jungkook was making it so clear. Painfully clear. His best friend is acting normal like nothing ever happened.

Like Jungkook did not stare at him like he adores him so much.

Like Jungkook did not look like he was mesmerized staring at him.

Like Jungkook did not kiss him so passionately in that cabin.

Other than pain, Jimin is also angry. At himself, at Jungkook, at how they start this thing and mostly at how he can never be enough for Jungkook no matter how hard he tries. The fact that he's leaving soon and Jungkook touching someone else makes him mad. Painfully mad like he's about to explode. Jimin cries really hard and he can't breathe. Hitting on his chest and pinching on his skin, hoping the pain can go away. Jimin starts hitting on the bathroom wall to release his anger, not caring if there's any other people in the bathroom.

Jimin's eyes turn aggressive when he's not even sure who or what he is being angry at. Keeps on crying without knowing when is it going to end, he's interrupted by a familiar voice belonging to the boy he needed the most, but also wishes he's not here.

"Jimin-ah?" It's Jungkook. "Jimin, are you in here?" Jungkook walks and checks on every room before he stops right at the only room that's locked.

Jimin tries hardest not to make noise. He climbs on the toilet bowl, so Jungkook can't see his shoes.

"Jimin?" Jungkook pauses a little for the answer. "Park Jimin!!" He's sure he saw Jimin walking in here. "If you're not coming out or making any sound, I'm going to break in there."

How can Jimin make a sound when he can't even stop crying. Jungkook will be able to tell from his heavily nasal hoarse voice. Jungkook would break in anyways whether he makes any sound or not.

"On three, Jimin. One." Jungkook informs. "Two. And I'm breaking in. The-"

"Jungkook!" He's interrupted by Taehyung. Thank god. "If he doesn't want to come out, just let him be."

"Why wouldn't he want to come out?" Jungkook raises his voice.

"Because sometimes Jimin likes to chill in the bathroom?" Taehyung knows it's the most stupid thing he could think of at the moment.

Jungkook can't say anything back. It's not a stupid question. Jungkook knows by heart that Jimin likes to lock himself up in the bathroom sometimes. Not as a habit, but it happens only when he's upset. Jimin is upset.

"But he's not making any sound. What if he passed out or something? He was a viking many times, and he's scared of heights. We shouldn't have gone up to that furr-" And Jungkook is cut off again.

"Jimin-ah, if it's you, and if you're conscious, just tap on the wall 3 times." Taehyung orders, and then the two boys can hear the sound of a hand banging on the wall three times. "Alright. Got it. We'll be waiting outside."

"Why do you have to pull this shit? Do you know how your friends can be concerned? Stop being childish." Jungkook yells.

And it makes Jimin cry even more. Why does Jungkook have to guess that he might not be ok with everything else but his own actions.