𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗮.

【 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 】

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

after they'd leaving the pillars of Hercules unscathed—the ship traveled by air for a few hundred miles and Katherine fell asleep after an hour of talking with Jason under the starlight.

She'd only hoped the ancient lands wouldn't be as bad as they'd heard.

But several times an hour, something attacked the ship. A flock of flesh-eating stymphalian birds swooped out of the night sky, and Festus torched them. Storm spirits swirled around the mast, and Jason blasted them with lightning.

While Coach Hedge was having dinner on the foredeck, a wild pegasus appeared from nowhere, stampeded over the coach's enchiladas, and flew off again, leaving cheesy hoof prints all across the deck.

"What was that for?" the Coach demanded.

In the nighttime, Jason and Percy switching remain on the deck to watch out if anything ever comes to the ship again and no matter how much Katherine wanted to helped them, she was forced to go sleep by one and only Jason grace

And of course she having nightmare. ( Yeah, didn't see that coming at all. )

She dreamed she was in a dark cavern. She could only see a few feet in front, but the space must have been vast. Water dripped from somewhere nearby, and the sound echoed off distant walls.

She heard heavy footsteps, and the twin giants Ephialtes and Otis shuffled out of the gloom ( Don't asked how she know their names, she just did ).

They wore matching white slacks and gold buccaneer shirts with v-necks that showed way too much chest hair. A dozen sheathed daggers lined their rhinestone belts. Their shoes were open-toed sandals, proving that—yes, indeed—they had snakes for feet. The straps wrapped around the serpents' necks. Their heads curled up where the toes should be. The snakes flicked their tongues excitedly and turned their gold eyes in every direction, like dogs looking out the window of a car.

The giants stood in front of Katherine, but they paid her no attention. Instead, they gazed up into the darkness. ( Rude , she think. )

"We're here," Ephialtes announced. Despite his booming voice, his words dissipated in the cavern, echoing until they sounded small and insignificant.

Far above, something answered, "Yes. I can see that. those outfits are hard to miss."

The voice sounded vaguely female, but not at all human. Each word was a garbled hiss in multiple tones, Katherine doubt what it is.

But whatever it was, the twin giants became nervous. They shifted on their snakes and bobbed their heads respectfully.

"Of course, your ladyship," Ephialtes said. "We bring news of—"