2. Think its a game

Start from the beginning

This my house. Have you checked on yo brother today?

Yea, he said his jaw was hurting so he was about to go to sleep.

I know yo ass the reason them niggas jumped on my baby.

He ain't no baby. And he brought that shit on his self , he knew he shouldn't have been lacking in them niggas hood.

Yea whatever, I know you better handle that shit.

It's already handled Regina

Good Legend. Now why you over here?

Damn you act like a nigga can't come check on you.

Yo ass don't even like me. You treat that bitch Tonya more like yo mother then you do me.

That's because mama Tonya been a better mother to me than you could ever be.

Mama Tonya this mama Tonya that. You don't even call me mama.

You got that right Regina.

Just straight evil she said glaring at me.

Yea whatever. You got them names and shit for me?

What you got for me?

I let out a sigh before going in my pocket and pulling a few bills out then slid them across the table to her. She quickly grabbed them and stuffed them in her bra.

Here she said sliding me a peace of paper with names, social security numbers and date of births on it.

Good looks I told her looking them over then putting the piece of paper in my pocket.

What's in that pan on the stove?

Hamburger meat for my taco salad.

Hood rat ass cook a real meal.

Legend get out my house.

Gladly I said not moving an inch. My eyes drifted to the tv and the news was on and they were currently at the scene where I had just bodied Malcom.

Turn that up I told her.

We both sat there and watched as the news anchor was covering the breaking new story.

That's you she asked not even looking at me.

I don't know what you talking about I said getting up from the table.

Yo ass better be careful. It's about to be a war out there.

I ain't worried about a soul.

Yo ass ain't untouchable Legend.

Never said I was, I been in the streets a long time I know how this shit go.

I would tell yo ass to be mindful of the devil knocking at your door, but that would be a waste considering the fact that he is you.

And what does that make you considering the fact you brought me into this world?

Think this a game if you want too.

I'll holla at you later Regina.

Bye!

Leaving her house I hopped straight in my car and headed home. I needed to chill out and lay low for the rest of the day. I was always careful when I did a hit but you could never be too careful. Regina may have acted like she was concerned about me but I knew better than that. Me and her have always had this type of relationship because since I could remember everything else in the world came first with my mother and I came second. Everybody on the East side loved Gina T. She was the only female around here putting in that work just like niggas. Her bag was big if not bigger than a lot of the hustlers that was in the streets back in the day. I spent most of my childhood at my pops house with him and his wife mama Tonya. She was the one who fed, loved and cared for me while my actual mother was out in the streets hustling. Even though I hate to admit it but she is who I got that hustle gene from. There wasn't shit my mama couldn't sale a mf and she was good at it too. She knew how to work and scam the system as well. Growing up I just accepted that she didn't have the mother gene or so I thought until Genesis was born. She was damn near the perfect mother to him, I didn't blame my brother but it made me despise my mother more and more. Even though we have different fathers we were both her sons and we deserved the same love.