Chapter 32 ~Sweet Dreams*

Start from the beginning

Wendy didn't see how it was going to work. No solution came to mind. How could Pan take it? How could he even look at her without regret for what he had to do. What were they going to do? How could they still be together?

She forced herself to not think about it further. Instead, she thought about what The Shadow had told her. She thought about the mission he gave her. Her one chance to save Pan from his own downfall.

"You can still save him. The hourglass drains quicker when it senses Pan's greed. You must help him help himself. The only thing you can do now is slow the sand down before it drains itself completely."

"How? How can I do that?" Her small voice had asked it.

"I'll tell you, but first you have to do something for me."

"What do I have to do?"

Wendy was snapped out of the memory with Felix's voice.

"Do you want me to help you carry her?" She opened her eyes slightly noticing that they were at the front door of Pan's hut.

"No. I've got her....just...could you help open the door?" Pan asked and Wendy flushed in embarrassment. Was she really that heavy?

"Sure." Felix opened the door and Pan ducked his head in. Once they past the beads hanging from the ceiling, Wendy unfolded herself from his chest and hopped out of his arms.

"Why didn't you tell me I was heavy, I would have walked." Wendy growled angrily at him. Pan raised an eyebrow.

"Because you weren't. It was a two hour walk, my arm fell asleep." Wendy sighed and walked over to the mirror.

She looked horrible. It wasn't the fact that her hair had erupted in curls all around her head or the fact that she had so much mud in it, but the fact that her eyes looked so dead. She looked like a living, breathing zombie. Like all the fun and all the life had been drained out of them. Why on Earth had Pan been kissing her looking like this?!

Pan appeared behind her and wrapped his arms around her. He laid his cheek on her head mocking her height. "You have no idea how much I missed you." His tone was so heartbreaking, it made her frown. If she heard him say this a month ago she probably would have laughed in his face. She didn't understand why he picked her.

"You should go check on Rudolph." Wendy said in a monotone voice she hated.

"I'm not going anywhere." Pan's face changed from sad to enraged. It wasn't directed at her, but to himself. Wendy sighed.

"Pan, I just need a moment. By myself. I'm fine. I'll be fine." Wendy said slowly. She tried to stare at only her reflection, but occasionally glanced at him to see his expression. It was blank. Processing. Wendy wished she hadn't of said it, but she needed to be alone and fix this awful thing she called a face.

"Okay...." He turned slowly, waiting for her to call him back into the room. When she didn't, he took bigger steps until he was out of the hut.

As soon as the door shut Wendy closed her eyes. She concentrated until she felt the familiar electric tingle and felt the cloth in her hands. She quickly slid on the underwear and went for the brush. It was a brutal battle and it took several minutes before Wendy finally was able to get rid of the tangles, but when she did she wished for a toothbrush and brushed her teeth. She thought about wishing herself some pajamas. Something that wasn't Pan's shirt. But then Wendy took a deep breath and knew she couldn't take the shirt off. It felt so comfortable and the green fabric seemed to cling to her. It seemed silly to her, but for a moment it was like he hadn't left the hut.