A susscesful night (Bruce/Clark)

Clear dark nights always seemed to be filled with so much action down on the streets and alleyways of Gotham city.

The noise and bustle of people and shops slowly winding down as the night life was just getting cranked up.

For a certain billionaire, that meant suiting up and patrolling rooftops with his sons and daughters. Watching out for anything out of the ordinary and protecting his City.

You could say it was kind of like the family business. He was proud of all his kids as he watched them take on the night.

This night wasn't different from any other. Bruce suited up and left to guard from above, watching down at the streets below.

He and Robin stopped a couple break ins and robberies, while Red Robin and Oracle kept a look out from a distance, listening in to radio frequencies and broadcasts.

Nightwing even joined in for a while as the late night turned into early morning. His own tools and tricks were useful in many situations.

Finally though, when he felt the city was finally asleep, calmed down and peaceful, he headed home, ready for the sleep that was pulling at his body.

This was honestly his favorite part of the night. Feeling a good type of ache in his muscles and bones from a job well done as he stripped off his suit and headed to bed.

There, waiting for him, was the best boyfriend he could ask for. Even as grumpy Bruce Wayne, he had to admit, Clark was made for him.

They'd been dating for a while now and even if Clark wasn't there when Bruce left for portal, he knew he'd always be there when he got back.

Clark was already in bed when Bruce walked in and he couldn't help but smile as he padded over, carefully moving under the blankets and laid down.

A small smile spread across his lips as he brushed a dark curl from Clark's face before he settled down and moved his arm around him, letting his hand rest against Clark's.

He heard a soft hum as Clark snuggled into him, slowly opening his eyes and smiling. "You're back late. Busy night?" He brought Bruce's hand up to kiss it before holding it tightly in his own.

Bruce nodded, placing a soft kiss on Clark's temple. "Busy and long, but as always, a success. Even Damian seemed satisfied." He grinned.

Clark grinned, huffing out a tired chuckle. "Well then it was definitely a success. I'm glad you're home safe. Goodnight, Bruce."

He leaned up and placed a soft kiss to Bruce's lips and when he pulled away, he just rested his head on Bruce's chest, sighing out happily.

Bruce smiled widely, holding Clark close and he relaxed and closed his eyes, slowly letting a long awaited sleep take over. "Me too. Goodnight, Clark."

Bruce may have loved protecting his city and keeping the innocent people of Gotham safe, but the thing he loved the most was coming home to this.