35| Don't take my eye

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I will."

Zhongli moved them, sitting [M/N] on the floor as Auggie cradles his uncle's head in his lap as Zhongli pulled back. He turns and the dragon adepti, noticed the glow on his own weapon, it beams gold and his geo symbol comes across it, and the metal bedpost began growing, longer and shaping itself into his weapon. 

Vortex Vanquisher

"How did he get that??"

Some whispered as Diana groaned, "Just fucking kill him and get them!" 

Zhongli noticed his arms and hands darken, and then gold lava goes down his arms, the symbol of his power and his archonship, he grips his Polearm and held it tightly, spinning it around his wrist before gripping it. "Come on then, I will show no mercy."

He advanced forwards and the first head hit the floor, blood spilling. 

+++

"So you weren't watching him? How could lose a kid?" Childe began chiding the Captain as Auggie and Zhongli were missing. "They were in your eyesight." Kaeya rolled his eyes at the other, and glared a bit, "Maybe we shouldn't have left them in the care of someone with one good eye."

"I was comforting Klee, but at least you can see life in my eyes, unlike that dead eye fish look you have," Kaeya snapped as Childe got in his face with a sneer, "Come at me ginger."

"You-!"

"Enough!" Scaramouch moved and shoved Childe away before they could cause a scene in front of the nurses or worst. "We are not doing this, usually I would enjoy seeing you bleed from your mouth...but with two people, who had been attacked are gone and possibly being killed."

"He's right," Diluc sighs as he clicked [M/N]'s phone off, the police wouldn't do anything until 24 hours had passed, they were just as worst as the Knights. "Klee.."

He noticed the little girl talking to an elderly woman with greying hair and something attached to her. "Klee!"

The girl perked up when called, waving as the older woman pulled the thing with her and back into her room. She walked up to Diluc while trying to open a lemon candy drop that the lady gave her, "What were you doing?"

"Klee was asking the old lady some questions, about [M/N] and Auggie." She answered as she finally opened the plastic and drops the yellow candy in her mouth, "And she said she saw them walk away, and through those doors at the end of the hallway, after the people took [M/N] away for surgery?"

"But he already had surgery," Diluc whispered as he looked to the doors, he stands and gestures the others to do so, he noticed the doors were a bit opened as well. Diluc opened the doors, peeking in, and saw no one then pushing the doors open. Soon, someone rushed in a direction, "Hey! Wait!"

"Who was that?" Childe muttered as he sees them turn and Diluc moved forwards where they went. "This has to be a trap."

"But it's the only thing we have," Scaramouch said as he walked along, as Diluc noticed the elevator doors were opened and a bloody fingerprint at the bottom button. They share a gaze and Kaeya held Klee's hand as Diluc pressed the button, he grasped the bar that was on the wall as the doors closed and went down. The lights flickered a bit as it went down, before opening up on a dark floor. Klee held Kaeya's hand tightly as she heard grunting and screams of terror. 

"There!"

The figure was rushing towards the doors and Diluc went after him with Childe following after him. The doors fling open and then there was fresh blood sprayed across their faces, Childe was indifferent as Diluc hurried to wipe it off his face. He shakes his head a few times as he saw the dead bodies sprawled around the floor, some heads around as did some other body parts.

"Zhongli?"

The man stops, shoving back the man that he was fighting with, swiftly moving his polearm under and the man cries out, has no legs, and falls down. "Finally, [M/N] and Auggie are there behind the bed, take them, I feel they had drugged him-" Zhongli dodged a swipe with a knife and used his polearm, stabbing through the other's head. He yanked it out and ignored the blood painting his stolen nurse uniform. 

"Zhongli, you look good in blood," Childe flirted a bit as Zhongli rolled his eyes as he heard the sound of something loud. He looked before moving forwards, using the base of his weapon against the machine that made a horrible noise. 

"You have no right for doing this! His eyes belong to us!" The Doctor screamed as Zhongli was going down a bit, still pressing hard as Diluc helped gather [M/N], Auggie closing his eyes and holding Diluc's arm. Childe moved to help the redhead, as Zhongli was on his knee, holding his polearm up. "Zhongli?"

"I have it, you must take them up!" Zhongli insisted as he sees the metal of the fake polearm slowly break and the image of his polearm was fading. He looked to the doctor before the man's eyes widen, flinching back. He choked a bit as blood came from his lips, spilling on the floor as the polearm finally faded back to the metal pole, and his marking was gone. 

"Hugo?"

Zhongli whispered as he stands, ignoring the fallen bodies of the cult, of these men and women who dared do this. "How..were you?"

"My eyes are right...here," Hugo said as he snatched a necklace off a fallen body, Diana. He looked over them, they were in a little glass bottle and smiles bitterly, they were murky and dark. "Funny how my mother was all..every child was deserves a family...but yet the second she knew about my eyes..she murdered me." Hugo throws the glass into one of the cauldrons that had a fire in them. He hear pops of his eyes and looked at his hands that began to fade, "..I really did like [M/N]."

"...I'm sorry for your death." Zhongli whispered as he flicked off the blood from his hands.

"I'm sorry for trying to seduce [M/N] for his help.." Hugo smiles as he moved to Diluc, looking over [M/N]. He moved down kissing his forehead, and smiles again, "He made me happy believe it or not..hope you could explain?"

"Of course, may you rest in peace." Zhongli bows his head a bit as Hugo smiles, a bit tearful before looking to the door, "There's some clothes to change in.." Hugo fades and Zhongli hummed as he takes a deep breath.

"..Zhongli...when you have time, would you like to-"

"No."

"No fair~"

+++

ARC 2 FINISH