Chapter 16. Wake

I groaned as I slowly came to. I looked around at the blurry surrounding areas.

"Tian" Teng Jian's voice rang in my ears. I slowly looked at him my vision clearing.

"Kang!" I frantically said sitting up and quickly turning to him "Is everyone ok?!" I said.

Kang looked at me a moment. before sitting down next to me on the bed I hadn't noticed I was laying on until now. "Zi" He started not knowing what to say "The Jiang Clan was overtaken by the Wen Clan," He said slowly letting me take in what he was saying.

"My Brother?, Jiang Cheng? Yanli?" I asked trying to fight tears. He looked me in the eyes that was the only answer he needed to give.

I instantly hugged him crying.

"We have yet to find them but I won't stop until I do" Kang said .rubbing my back.

I lost count of how many days it's been. I have been staying at Kang's manor until my family is found. I was informed Madam Yu and Uncle Jiang were killed. so we're almost all the other members of our clan.

I solemnly sat reading a book in the quietest place in the entire manor. Everyone was preparing for War including Kang. They have already overtaken many of the Wen Clan bases.

I felt someone sit down behind me putting slight weight on me. I looked behind me seeing Kang. Smiling I looked down at my book pretending to read.

"I have some good news," Kang said. With a flirty almost playful voice.

"Do you know," I said Matching his childishness? Looking up from my book as he leaned back against me slightly before laying the side of his head on my shoulder making me blush before leaning my head against his.

"Yanli is with the Jin clan" Kang said making me almost jump up. He leaned forward as soon as he said it knowing I would get excited.

"She IS?!" I excitedly said.

Kang smiled looking down at me.

"Xian? Jiang Cheng?" He shook his head at both.

"We would have to travel to see her? Up for it?" He questioned making me nod instantly. He laughed at me.

Kang was on a different "Battle force" He is working closely with Grandmaster and Clan leader Jin. They have taken refuge at his manor since it is closer to the bases they are defending against.