———

Linda smiled sweetly and hugged Rebekah's leg tightly. The twins laid their heads against her legs without letting her go.

Rebekah smiled happily at her children who were holding her legs from each side, not minding that she couldn't move. Her big hands full of scars stroked the two's light blonde hair which reminded her of her late mother's traits.

'Rather than inheriting from their parents, they inherited them from their grandmother.'

She looked at them more dotingly and she reminisced about her childhood memories.

"Did you miss Momma so much that you won't let her go!"

She chuckled deeply at the two's pouting faces. Linda stared at Rebekah deeply and worriedly gaze. Edwin stared at his sister and thought for a while.

"Momma, there was a small boy we met who was badly injured and had black hair like yours!"

Edwin looked up to meet Rebekah's eyes with his innocent grin.

"..."

Rebekah widened her eyes and stilled for a second. She stared at her children's innocent expressions and looked at the knights with serious faces.

A female knight with a ponytail ash grey hair stepped up professionally and put her hand on her left chest as she bowed.

"We suspect him to be the second prince, although we are still investigating his origins."

She nodded towards her short explanation and ordered.

"We will continue this in my office. Bring him to the diner area during dinner later."

"Yes, your grace."

She bowed once again before she slipped back to her position.

She patted their heads twice to let her go, they did as she wanted and let her go. They silently stood close to Rebekah as she picked both of them up into her arms on each side. Linda looked up at her with a hint of worry.

"Aren't we too heavy for you to carry the both of us?"

She hummed and walked towards the mansion.

"You are far too light for me to worry about."

Edwin was flustered at her comment and told her with determination as he put his fist up.

"Then I will grow bigger by eating lots and you won't be able to hold the both of us!"

Rebekah chuckled at her son's odd determination and looked at him softly.

"You can do that but by then Momma will be too old to move~"

They both looked at her blankly at her words. They suddenly jumped closer to her face, terrified. Linda hugged her neck tightly which made her halt to hold them securely from falling from her grasp.

"Momma! Don't say something like this again!"

Her eyes were shaken with intense emotions swelling within her and teary eyes looking at her.

"Yeah! Even if you are in trouble, we will be there to lift you to continue your pride to rise even higher!"

Edwin raises his voice with a hurried tone as he scans Rebekah's complex or perhaps an unusual condition with his eyes. She chuckled at her children's unneeded worries.

"Shall we head to the diner area now?"

Looking at their small nods, she held them gently in her arms and headed to the mansion.