Chapter 27 - Protecting Her...

Start from the beginning

He knew it was his fault and he had grown to accept it but he would have never sold his daughter to protect her.

Black bit his bottom lip before lowly apologizing to Marcus.

"If I go to war with them, we'll lose and they'll kill every member of my family," he croaked shaking his head repeatedly.

"Nala dead, Empress Dead, You dead," he started.

"Empress doesn't deserve this," Marcus heaved out.

"Don't you think I know that, friend?" Edgar replied his vision blurred from the tears that caused it.

Marcus sighed as he looked over at the picture that was placed on his desk. A little picture of toddler Empress running happily that Nala had sent to Black when they kept in touch.

"What about JongWoo? You promised him that'd he'd take care of your daughter and protect her but if he finds out that you sold her to the Yakuzas,"

"He won't," Edgar interrupted.

"If anything happens to me Empress is to be immediately brought her where my men and JongWoo can protect her before Daku even has a chance to grab her," Edgar began.

"And we need to hire someone, a girl to keep her close and protect her,"

"I'll find someone-"

"Good," he replied when a knock on the door interrupted him.

"That must be Daku," he stated as Marcus and he exchanged nods before Edgar yelled come in.

"Black, "

"Daku,"

____________

"You alright, Marcus?" Alissa asked as she rubbed her hand against his chest as he began panting. His hand moved to grab her hand stopping her as he takes a deep breath.

"Daku if-if,"

"Daku is not Here, Empress is fine and JongWoo is protecting her," Alissa soothes moving her hand to his beard.

Marcus' breathing slowly slowed down as he looked over to his wife, Evelyn Alissa Ellis. She was hired to go befriend Empress and protect her.

Marcus and she had met when he was looking for someone to protect Empress and she showed up.

And of course, Marcus was professional and supposedly Evelyn found that charming enough to shoot her shot despite their age difference.

He was skeptical at first considering how his first marriage had gone but Alyssa was different.

And that was when Marcus and she started their relationship.

Of course, she would report to Marcus about how hard it was for Empress to open up and how closed up she was.

It started as a challenge and job for Alyssa but she began to love Empress and care about her.

It was like she had made a sister.

"But something is not right I can feel it," Marcus spoke Alyssa sat up looking at Marcus.

"Marcus, don't you have your men watching Daku in Japan?" she asks.

Marcus' eyes widen as if remembering something.

"I haven't heard from them in a while so that could only mean-"

"Daku found them tailing him," Alyssa finished.

And just like that, the sound of the phone ringing interrupted them.

Answering Marcus was met with a very distraught King.

"What the fuck did Black do?!" JongWoo yelled.

"What do you mean JongWoo?"

"What do I mean?! Daku is here, Marcus," immediately Marcus' heart stopped.

Shit.

"Where are you guys?" Marcus questioned.

"The Gun range,"

"We'll be there," Marcus started before hanging up.

"Daku is here,"

"Fuck," Alyssa cursed.

_________