Where It All Began

The sunlight gently kissed your cheeks, as if apologizing for being absent for the past few days. Puddles of water glistened under the swaying sun. It had rained non-stop since the last two weeks, ceasing your outdoor activities. You hated being confined indoors with nothing more to do than attend a few classes here and there. There wasn't much they could teach you at school since your abilities were passed down through generations and were unique to your family line. None of the teachers could teach you what your mother could but she was a busy woman and she insisted that you graduate from this school. It made little sense to you but you would never disappoint anyone close to you, it frightened you to the core if you ever imagined their dull faces.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked with a playful smile.

He would always smile like that without a reason. Maybe he did have a reason. He was the strongest amongst your batch, even stronger than the seniors at school. No one knew much about him, not even you, his best friend who had known her for more than two years. He didn't talk much about himself but he would never shut up talking about useless things.

"Care for some coke?" He sat down next to you and passed you a can of soda.

The cold drink felt incredible against your parched throat, especially on a hot day like this.

"You know...," you started to say something but he looked distracted.

He was searching the school grounds for something. His light hair fluttered softly in the afternoon breeze, falling onto his face. He wore small round sunglasses to keep his eyes partly covered.

A pair of soft hands patted our shoulders, Geto's tall silhouette forming a shadow over us.

"You found us?" Gojo looked amused.

"Where else would you be sitting on a day like this," he said, sitting next to Gojo.

"The weather today is so nice, I can't imagine missing out," Gojo said, stretching and falling back on the grass.

"It wasn't because of you. You could go anywhere at any time. Your likings aren't quite the same as her," Geto said looking at the sky, observing the sun with glee in his eyes.

His long hair was loosely tied in a knot. He looked happier today. The dark blue Jujutsu High uniform brought out his dark eye color. As the sun fell on his face, you could see his flushed cheeks and a delicate smile forming at the corner of his lips.

Even if you hadn't gotten much out of this high school experience here, one thing you'll always cherish is their friendship. Although they looked like they never got along, they were the kind of people who would never do anything without each other.

Before accidentally sitting next to Geto in one of your classes, days at Jujutsu High were extremely tedious. They would drag along for what felt like eternities with the pangs of loneliness sinking into your heart. But ever since you met these two, the days fly by like sand slipping from your fingers. You wanted to be selfish and keep this time restricted within your palms. They say there are some moments in a person's life that stay with them for as long as they live. You looked at your two best friends and your eyes nearly welled up. Yes, this was that moment for you. These days are the most content you've ever felt in your life.

_____________________________________________________________________

"I'm sorry. There wasn't anything else I could do...," his voice broke off as he leaned into a wall, trying to support his exhausted body.