1. The email.

First of all, this story will contain triggering topics (Sh, sh scars, anxiety, depression...) simply because it is a coping mechanism for me to write about it. So, of you easily feel triggered, please don't read it. If something like active sh is mentioned in the story, I will put a ⚠️tw⚠️, but I won't do it, if there's just the mention of old scars or stuff like that, because it's just something that's part of recovery. You can't just get rid of those scars and they are a part of the OC as well.

About the story: I have no bloody idea, where this will end and if I have enough ideas for it, but here you go.

💗Happy Valentine's Day:]💗

Enjoy reading:)

+++

It is true. You shouldn't trust anyone, with anything personal. People use everything they know, against you. That is just how people work, right?

I sighed and opened my profile again. Did I really not make any mistakes? Why wasn't this a success?

Suddenly, my phone vibrated and I picked it up.

There was a note to myself: 'Don't freak out. You just put your profile in this morning' I cringed at my own message.

Gosh, I just needed a new job. I hadn't worked as a nanny in years, yet it was the only thing people truly needed all the time. And I needed the money, same as the distraction.

Still stressed out, I left the laptop on my bed, whilst getting ready in the bathroom. As I brushed my teeth, I looked at the reflection inside the mirror and disappointment creeped into my mind. It went like that, basically every time. I hated it. Every time I looked into the mirror, I saw someone else. That was not me. Now, it is the exact same. How is something like that even possible?

I spit the toothpaste into the sink, cleaned my mouth and brushed my hair. A sound of a new message reached my ears. My eyes grew big in disbelief. I dropped the brush into the sink and walked -no, I ran- into my bedroom. Inside, I hit my little toe on the edge of my bed, making me squeal out in pain. I hold my right foot in pain, hissed, yet I jumped onto my bed and my eyes glued themselves onto the screen.

I couldn't believe this. Someone sent me an email, asking me for an interview-

Hello miss Staple,

I read your application for your occupation as a nanny and I was rather impressed, by your qualities (and your choice of words). However, it is quite sudden, that I am in the need of a new nanny, for my kids (plural). I read in your ad, you don't mind to take care of more than one at the same time? Please, correct me, if I'm wrong.

I would appreciate it, to get to know you better. Perhaps we could meet up in the early future?

Have a good night.

Sincerely, miss B.

My jaw dropped. I forced myself to blink a few times, ensuring I was not dreaming this. And I actually wasn't dreaming. For the next few seconds I re-read the email over and over again.

When I calmed down a little, I replied.

Dear miss B.,

I am, first of all, incredibly thankful for your email and thank you for the compliment. I truly did not expect anyone to reply so soon!

No, you're on the right path. I did write, I can take care of more than one child and it is no issue at all.

It would be a pleasure to meet you! How early are we talking?