Chapter 30 - Almost

Start from the beginning

People may call me a brat or ungrateful but if they're on my feet, they'd understand. I hate how my Mom always do the opposite things that I want. I begged her not to make this occasion a huge one but she still made everything overdone, extravagant, and of course, based on her taste and not mine. From the silk invitations, numerous gowns that I'd probably not going to wear, large and lavish event place, the party production and styling even to the long list of guests that would attend the event tonight, all were solely her ideas.

I just learned today that almost the whole Serenaville society will be going and if it's not annoying enough, Elites who are halfway across the world got invited too. I DON'T EVEN KNOW THESE PEOPLE! I bet my ass they don't know me too!

I'm a very lowkey person. I like to stay out of the spotlight as much as I can. Why can't my Mom understand that?

"Well what's done is done, Iris. It's not like you can call things off just because you want to."

I asked my makeup artist to stop what she's doing, only so I can glare at my sister. "That's easy to say considering that they always listen to you."

"It's the other way around. I always listen to them. Kasi kilala mo naman sila Mama. If I say no, they'd do everything to change my mind. Hindi naman sila titigil hangga't hindi ako napayag kaya para wala ng gulo at para hindi na ako naiinis, sumusunod na lang ako. It's for the best din naman, Iris. They only wants what's best for us." Tumayo siya at may iniabot sa aking maliit na box na kulay itim. "Take my advice. Enjoy the party even though it's too much. Dito masaya sila Mama at Papa kaya pagbigyan mo na sila. It's not like you're going to spend a dime here, sila naman ang gumastos. Bababa ka lang doon, ngingiti ng ilang oras. Then that's it."

I pouted but sighed.

She has a point. Ako lang din talo kung maiinis ako. At never naman gagawa sila Mama ng isang bagay para mapasama ako. Siguro hindi lang talaga kami nagkakaintindihan.

"What's this?" I asked, changing the topic.

"My gift. Happy birthday, sis."

Ngumiti ako at binuksan ang box. It's a pin na ribbon ang design. It must have cost thousands since there are diamonds on it.

"Ate! Thank you so much! It's beautiful!" Tumayo ako at niyakap siya.

"O baka umiyak ka ah."

"You wish!"

We both laughed and for the first time in a long time, I finally appreciated that she's my sister. Ate Irene maybe better than me at everything but still, I'm grateful for the love she's giving me. I'm lucky to have her in my life.

*****

"Hey," I looked up and grinned as soon as I saw Dashiell at the door of my hotel room. He looks so handsome wearing a light blue tuxedo. Blue kasi ang theme ng party ko. Everyone will wear any shades of blue today.

"Happy birthday, my life." Yumuko siya upang halikan ako saglit at ibigay sa akin ang dala-dala niyang malaking bouquet ng blue peonies. Everyone inside the room gushed over my sweet boyfriend who looks like a prince.

I blushed and hugged him in front of their cameras. "Thank you!"

"Ahem!" I glanced at my side and giggled when Ate Irene raised an eyebrow at us. Naka-cross arms siya ngunit nakangiti naman. Feel na feel talaga nitong magtaray, hahaha!

"Ah. Dash, si Ate Irene pala. Ate, si Dashiell."

"Hi Ate, it's nice to finally meet you." Inilahad niya ang kamay niya ngunit tiningnan lang iyon ng kapatid ko. What the hell?