Take Care My Love

Wandas POV

I felt her go limp in my arms as I forced the walls of our little home to close. I lay her down on the sofa, propping her head up on a pillow, and went upstairs to the boys.

"Mummy are you ok?" Billy asked, I nodded "Wheres mama?" 

"She's... resting." I looked out the window, day had turned to night once more. I looked further out and saw the red barrier barreling towards us. "Lets get you both in bed." I placed them under their duvets and got them some milk. I pushed Billy's hair out of his eyes and kissed his forehead, then doing the same to Tommy. I started to walk out of their room before Tommy called out. 

"Thank you for being our mom." I broke.

"Thank you for choosing me." I said before turning off the lights and going downstairs. She was still where I had left her, I guess a little part of me had wished she would be waiting for me, smile wide and eyes bright. I got down on my knees in front of her and dug around in my pocket. I found the real ring I had been planning to give her before the fight with Thanos and slid it onto her ring finger. "I know that if you were alive... you would have said yes." It was simple. A silver band, no jewel, just our initials engraved on the inside. WM+Y/I. I sat on the sofa and moved her head onto my lap. I sang under my breath, a nursery rhyme we had sang to the twins to get them to sleep. It hadn't worked of course, but I was a pretty melody and I found some comfort in singing it. 

"Days, feel sometimes as if they'll never end, the sun digs it's heels to taunt you. But after sunlight days, one thing stays the same, rises the moon. Days fade into a watercolour blur, memories swim and haunt you. But look into the lake, shimmering like smoke, rises the moon." Tears fell down my face. As I ran my hands through her hair, her face paled and her lips became a dreadful blue. I leaned down and kissed them, they were cold. We were never meant to be together, star crossed lovers, like Romeo and Juliet. 'Thus with a kiss I die' I thought. Blues and reds, cold and hot, we were opposites bred from opposite families, one already broken, one torn apart by the hands that pushed us together. We should have known, it wouldn't last. But sitting together and just being together made the risk a price I would be willing to pay over and over again. I would relive this awful life just to hold her hand one more time, to see her smile and kiss me. I blinked and when my eyes opened our home of peace and tranquility was nowhere to be found. I looked down at my lap and saw that she no longer rested in my lap. 'She must be back in his grip.' I thought. It made me sick, but there was some excitement to get back home. I stood and walked over to my car slipping in and gripping the steering wheel. I pulled away from our plot of land and drove to S.W.O.R.D. 

"DIRECTOR!" I Yelled as I walked through the halls. I stormed into his office and into the glass room adjacent to his. 

"Wanda Maximoff, I'm going to have to ask you to leave." There she was. I sat, my legs crossed and put my hand to the glass. I looked up at him.

"Take care of her for me. I know you sent in my brother. I know it was all you, don't hurt her like you did me. She was so young, she doesn't need to be tormented more. Okay?" I choked down sobs as I stood and gripped his shoulders "Promise me."

"I promise, we will do our best for your, wife it seems, Miss Maximoff?" He asked 

"I prefer Y/L/N, for her." I stood and walked away, Leaving her for good. 

I drove back home and pulled up infant of the compound. Vision, Tony, Steve and Bucky ran to greet me. I sprinted into Tony's arms.

"Sweetheart, We were worried sick." Steve said as he rested a hand on my back.

"She's safe." I whispered 

"Good." Bucky said nodding at me. I pulled away from Tony's grip. 

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect your daughter like I promised." 

"It's ok. It was her choice, she will always be my child as will you." He said as he pointed to the chain around my neck where my matching ring lay. I moved around them towards Vision and pulled him aside. 

"I will always love her. But she is gone. She told me she wanted me to be happy. You make me happy." I handed him the property deed. "She got it for us but, I think we could be happy there. Do you?" He nodded his head and looked at me, a smile on his face. He placed his hand on my cheek and I got on my tippy toes and kissed him. I could feel it. 

She was smiling.