1956

y/m/n = your male name

y/ns pov

I woke up to soft fingers running through my hair, I hummed quietly at the gesture and opened my eyes. Wanda smiled at me, then kissed me on the forehead.

"Breakfasts ready my love." She left, I smiled and lay in bed for a minute, quite content. Clambering out of bed, I yawned and shuffled into the kitchen, scrabbled eggs waiting for me on the table. Wanda hair was already curled, her makeup done and her apron lay over her cross hatching dress. She looked gorgeous. I pulled at my night gown and she kissed my lips. My heart was pounding in my chest, it was illegal to love the same sex at this time (thats when our magic came in handy!) but she just had a way of making me melt even after being married for... and knowing each other for...

"I'm going to go to meet the neighbours. I want them to like us, I want us to... fit in." Wanda snapped me out of my thoughts, I smiled up at her and nodded. "Y/n, my love?" 

"Yes dear?"

"Is there something special about today? There seems to be a little Heart drawn above todays date."

"Oh yes the heart, well don't tell me you've forgotten!" Truthfully I had no idea what today was but I wasn't going to let her know that.

"Oh Y/n i'm practically incapable of forgetfulness, and thats only a slight exaggeration!" She smiled at me and I could tell she was just as clueless as I was.

"Okay then what's so special about today?" I asked hoping she did knew and would tell me. She thought for a minute and then replied with,

"What was the question again?" I giggled and she huffed "Well i'm starting to think you've forgotten yourself !"

"Me! Heavens no I've been so looking forward to it!" I yelled defensively

"As have I! Today we are celebrating..." She seemed at a loss for words,

"You bet we are! It's the first time we have... ever celebrated this occasion before." I chimed in

"It's a special day!" We smiled

"Perhaps an evening?" I pondered

"Of great significance!" She giggled 

"To both of us!" So did I 

"Naturally!" She kissed my nose, and walked to the dishes.

"I'm off to work then!" I said as I used my magic to freshen up my appearance, she smiled at me.

"Haven't you forgotten something dear!" I turned perplexed and then looked in the mirror and noticed I was still in my original form, I switched to male and my eyes turned an unnatural blue for a minute as I did before returning to their normal e/c. I walked out the back door and passed a playground, it stood empty but I shrugged it off and carried on walking. Once I was inside the building is set to work and after about half an hour I picked up my huge stack of paper work and placed it on my new friend Norms desk. I got lost in though until Norm shook me,

"Is something bothering you?" He asked, worried

"Yes, actually. What is it we do here? Now tell me, do we make something?" Norm shook his head "OK, do we buy or sell something?"

"No and No." He smiled and I smiled back, giving up on my quest to find out what we do here. As I was walking away I bumped into my boss,

"Sorry sir!" I said, Mr Hart had a stern expression on his face and he grimaced.

"I'm looking forward to tonight y/m/n, this is your way into the job, if you fail this I won't be so sure you will have a place in this business." I nodded as it finally clicked, the heart on the calendar was and abbreviation for the dinner with Mr and Mrs Hart! I must tell Wanda.