'To grow old in'

x = kiss

wandas POV

No, no, no, no? No, it's not possible right? I was right there the whole time. I had them under my magic how... I don't understand. 

I stood walking slowly towards the compound, Steve steadying me. I swayed as I stood in front of the sofa, collapsing onto the cushions. I smiled. I chuckled under my breath. I laughed. I looked around. My eyes turned a vibrant red. My smile fell away as quickly as it had come. 

"S.W.O.R.D, huh." I stood walking over to the book shelf and removed 'Wuthering heights' and 'Romeo and Juliet' and grabbed Tonys scotch and a glass. "It sounds like a rip off of S.H.I.E.L.D. What the fuck does it even stand for?" I poured the scotch into the glass and placed the now empty bottle on the table. "'I am Director Hayward!' Oh shut it you twat." I sipped. I glanced at Tony, who grinned and sat down next to me snatching the glass from my hand and taking a swig. 

"They really are a bunch of idiots." Steve murmured sitting down on my other side.

"That all you got Stevie? Is that what you're going to say to the nice men when they come and dig up Peggys grave huh?" I asked "THEY FUCKING TOOK Y/N! ARE YOU GOING TO SAY ANYTHING?"

"I wanna fucking kill them." I smiled

"Ok then lets-"

"-No Wanda we can't. We are here to protect not kill."

"But they took her." I whispered

"I know Wanda but-"

"-I'm going to my room." I threw back the last of the scotch back, letting it burn as it slipped down my throat. I stood up and walked away from them and towards my room. Suddenly I decided I wanted to go to hers, maybe sleeping in her room would make it hurt less. I stumbled into the elevator, the scotch now taking a hold of me. The doors closed and I slid down the wall. I don't know to be honest. I'm not sure what I was feeling but I know that I felt angry. I screamed. Loud, crystal clear as it echoed in the small confined space. I was panting as I hobbled out of the elevator. I practically tripped into y/ns room as I slammed the door shut with my foot. I walked forwards and sat at her desk. It had been turned into Visions room when she was away so it wasn't all the same but her desk had lain untouched. I had never looked inside the draws before but decided it couldn't hurt anymore, not since she was gone. I opened the first draw. Nothing. I opened the second draw. Paperclips, journals, some pens, tape, basic utensils. I opened the third draw. Something. There was a letter labeled 'Wanda' in y/ns messy cursive. I smiled. The letter lay next to a black box also labeled 'Wanda' tied with a baby pink ribbon. I reached out and grabbed the letter, cringing as I creased the cream coloured envelope. I opened it and pulled out the letter. 

'Dear Wanda,                                                                                                                   

  I am in love with you. I am in love with everything about you. Your smile makes me feel like I'm Alice falling down that rabbit hole awaiting a land of wonder and your laugh? Boy, your laugh is that land of wonder. Your eyes, they are those warm days in summer where we would sit in the field of flowers outside the compound in our flowery dresses, just sitting. Your company is like watching your favourite film for the first time over and over again. You, you are my love and my hope and my dreams. You are my stars and my moon. You are my everything, even my nightmares because when I have them i'm only dreaming of losing you. You are what I've wanted for years. You are perfect. You are who I want to wake up too. You are who I want to fall asleep next to. You are who I want to have and who I want to hold. Now please, please say yes.

Love your y/n'

 I was crying now, who wouldn't be? I was struggling to catch my breath but could stutter out a few words,

"Oh Y/n- you are my love. Why did you go? Why did you leave?" With a shaking hand I reached out and picked up the little black box. I untied the ribbon and tied it around my wrist, so I could keep some of her with me at all times, taking off the lid of the box I was left with a square of folded paper. It was aged, yellow, torn at the edges and so I was extremely careful as I opened it but once It was unfolded I choked on my own breath and let my tears fall even faster than they already were. In my trembling hands lay a property deed. A property deed with a red heart drawn in the middle which reads 'To grow old in! Y/nx' I ran out of y/ns room, feeling sober as ever, and into the elevator. I must have pressed the button that read 'G' one million times before the doors even closed. Once the elevator dinged I sprinted down the hall towards the exit but I was stoped by Bucky who grabbed my arms. I noticed his eyes were red and puffy as if he had been crying. I shook of my worry as I had a job to do. I had to go. He gripped my shoulders. Hard. I winced but my smile didn't waver. I kissed his cheek and tried to pull away but he held on as if I were a cliff ledge.

"Bucky let go." I said quietly 

"But Steve said that you were going to kill-"

"Let. Me. Go, Barnes."

"Where are you going, are you going to S.W.O.R.D?" I shook my head.

"No." I replied

"Where are you going then?" He asked worried, as fresh tears slipped from his eyes.

"Home."