The Dog Days Begin

Oliver tried to go without wearing the diapers much at first, but after several more "mishaps", his parents cracked down and told him he should probably be wearing them fell-time. Suffice to say, he was not a fan at first.

He was also incredibly happy that school would be ending soon, specifically in a week. As his alarm clock buzzed him to life one morning, he wasn't sure he could stand going back to school another day. But alas, he needed a high school diploma, so he needed to go to school. He got himself ready, ate breakfast, and caught the bus.

The fact he had wet himself in front of his entire class wasn't as big a rumor as he had expected it to be when he had first started going back to school, thankfully, (His mother had allowed him to stay home as long as he kept up with all his online work for a solid week until she cut him off) but is was certainly a rumor. And to his classmates in math, it was a well-known fact, rather than a rumor, even though they didn't seem to have told a lot of people at first. Math was no longer his favorite subject. Although the rumor wasn't as popular as the murmurings that Chadwick Monroe was cheating on his girlfriend with Kaitlyn Janninger, he knew people were talking about him. Mostly it was something he sensed, but he didn't NOT notice how many people were staring at him in the halls as he now headed to first period.

Oliver's first period was American Literature with Mr. Justin, a tall, quiet, but friendly man around the age of forty. He would have been one of Oliver's favorite teachers... IF he didn't assign so many group projects. At the moment, he was wondering which of his boring classmates to form into group, when an oddly familiar girl stepped in front of him, her expression businesslike to an almost humorous degree. She had extremely long blonde hair that flowed freely down past her hips, and a way about her that reminded Oliver weirdly of a doe.

"You're that kid that pissed himself in Ms. Wellman's class. Olive, right?"

It was then that Oliver realized why she was so familiar. It was the girl that had been in the nurse's office before he had come in. He flashed momentarily back to that moment. The nurse had opened the door, and this girl had been inside her office. She had looked him up and down almost as if she were sizing him up, (probably asking herself why in Hell the kid in front of her was soaked in what appeared to be pee) and the nurse had told him to wait and closed the door. Oliver brought himself back to the present, now raring to figure out what was going on and this girl was so... odd.

"Um... my name's OlivER. Not Olive. It would be weird to be named after a vegetable," He corrected her. The girl smirked and said, "Yeah, that's what I thought. Wanna be in my group?" Oliver blinked. He had thought -hoped- that she would've said something that would clue him into why she had given him that look back at the nurse's office. Just drop it, He told himself. It was probably nothing.

"Yeah I'll be in your group. Beats trying to figure out which one of these numb-nuts to pair up with," He said, and gestured around the classroom. The girl smirked again and replied, "I've never heard someone unironically use the phrase 'numb-nuts' before." Oliver shrugged, "There's a first time for everything, right?" "You're funny. I'm Jolene," he girl smiled, holding out a hand. Oliver inspected her hand questioningly before realizing she wanted him to shake it. What an odd girl, He thought.

Oliver and Jolene hit it off. Turned out they had... well they didn't have much in common, but they seemed to like each other's company, even at first, working in a group project in Mr. Justin's class. They finished with a C+ (enough to pass) and pretty soon it seemed like school was almost over. Because it was. "Shit," Oliver said with dawning realization one morning when him and Jolene were hanging out in between classes. "What? Piss yourself again?" Jolene asked, then snorted with laughter. Oliver elbowed her. "No. I just realized that we won't have any way to communicate over the summer. Dumb ass." Jolene feigned flattery. "Oh, is this your way of asking for my number? How romantic," She said, drawing out the middle syllable of "romantic" dreamily.

Oliver scratched his cheek to hide that he was blushing, then said, "Yes and no. Yes, I am asking for your number. No, it is strictly not romantic. Straight guys and girls can be friends, with no mutual pining, and no sappy romantic shit. Right? Right." Jolene rolled her eyes. "You can have my number. And, for the record, I was just messing with you." She was aware of his profuse redness, and of his obvious attempt to cover it. She wasn't NOT interested. But it would have to wait. Just a bit, it'd have to wait.

And so, the last day of school came and went, and Summer finally put an end to high school dumb-assery. Jolene wondered, once school had finally just ended, what sort of things would happen in summer. She'd just have to wait and see, she decided.