Bugging Out

- Present - Miami, Florida - James

Donald grabbed ahold of June's hand and made their way towards the door.

"Mr. and Mrs. Sharp," called out Mr. Brooks, "please stay behind."

They tossed a confused look between them but complied to their lawyer's request. Michael, Danielle and I made our exit. I kept a tight hold on Danielle's hand until we were out in the parking lot. Michael made his way to the officers waiting, no doubt to give them the evidence he had against June and Donald.

I turned quickly to face Danielle and wrapped her up into my arms. She's pregnant. Freaking pregnant! With my baby! This day will immediately go in my top five best days of my life. My ex is gone for good and my girl is having our baby. It couldn't get any better than this.

I leaned back and slipped a hand between us resting it on her lower abdomen. I know it's too early, but I swear just the move makes me feel the difference in her waistline. Her smile calls me foreword. I'm a mere centimeter from her lips when a loud screech from the office buildings doors distracts me.

We both turn to see June wiggling against the officer that has a hold on her. She's hollering obscenities and kicking up a fuss. Donald is being escorted behind her; his head hung low. He must have had enough of his wife's shit because he hollered out, "Jesus woman, will you shut the fuck up!"

Danielle snorted, "To bad prison isn't co-ed. I'm sure those two seem like they would be each other's punishment.

I chuckled but my reply was cut off by another scream from June.

"Just tase her all already!" Danielle yelled out to the officer struggling with June. The added, "Oh she's going to be someone bitch for sure. I bet she'd make a pretty pet," quietly.

I shook my head and turned her face towards me, "you're amazing."

"I know," she smirked.

Once June's obnoxiousness was contained into the back of a police car, we walked to Danielle's car. I quirked an eyebrow at her when I saw it cramp packed with stuff.

"Going somewhere?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said softly. She looked up at me through her lashes and bit her lip, "Home. That is, if you'll have me."

I smiled and shook my head. I reached up and tucked some of her hair behind her ear then cupped her cheek, "Baby, you'll always have a home with me."

She propped up on her toes and pressed her lips to mine. The intrusion was welcomed, and I made quick work of kissing her back. I pulled her closer and wrapped my arms around her. Now that she was in them, I never wanted to let her go. I knew we had things to talk about and work out. I wanted to just live in this moment for just a little longer.

Danielle dropped back down on her heels in an effort to pull away, but I followed her. I wasn't ready to separate from her just yet. She giggled and pushed on my chest, "We have things to do."

I groaned in annoyance then opened her car door for her, "I'll see you at home."

Once her car was unpacked, we plopped down on the couch to cuddle. It was an unspoken decision that we would put everything away later. I kissed the top of her head as she nuzzled into my side. Chinese was on its way for our late lunch, and probably dinner. Danielle couldn't figure out what she wanted so we ordered half the damn menu.

I know we had a case to work on, but I was happy Cap gave us the day off because of this morning's meeting. It went a lot better than we anticipated and didn't last as long either. I should feel a little something about June being toted off to jail. To be honest I'm kinda glad to be gone of her. I'll always be thankful to her for Dylan but that's as far as my feelings regarding her goes.