Fuck.

Fork stands at my feet whining but I can't take my eyes off Maggie's door. Her closed door. She never closes her door.

She said that she doesn't want any 'bad vibes' trapped in her room.

I really hurt her. She could barely look at me. She didn't call me Nardo. She called me my birth name. She's never called me that unless she was joking.

I told her not to call me Nardo in the heat of the moment. I didn't mean it.

How do I fix this? She went to her room so maybe she wants to be alone? But Fork is still down here with me. Maybe I should bring him up to her?

I gently pick the fluffy boy up patting his head. He kisses my cheek before I knock on my girls door. I hear a faint 'come in' so I open the steel door knob. There she is on top of her bed doing homework with her text book open and a calculator in hand.

I shouldn't bother her for too long.

She looks at me with her big brown doe eyes, she looks so sad. I don't like when she's sad. I don't like that I made her sad.

I clear my throat before approaching her bed. I put Fork down next to a sleeping Spoon. "I figured Fork wanted to be with you."

"Oh um, thank you." She says as she clicks her pen a million times. Nodding I decide to leave her be seeing as she's doing math homework. Right before I leave her room I look back at her with a small smile.

"By the way Maggie, good job on your Math test. Eighty percent is amazing, you should be proud, I am." With that I close her door heading down to my home office.

-

Maggie hasn't left her room since she got home and I need to find out what she wants to eat for dinner. Taking a deep breath I open her door. Sure enough I see her with her back towards me practicing Italian.

"Mi chiamo Maggie- uh, fuck."

"Kiddo." I softly chuckle hearing her Italian. She whips around and gives me a sheepish smile. "What are you up too?" I don't mean to bother her but it used to be that she would always come to me and make conversation. I just really enjoy hearing her talk about everything and anything.

I really don't know how to make things right. But I'll keep trying.

"I um, I have this Italian presentation in a few days. It is an all about me speech." I nod listening to her, I go over to her desk that she doesn't use and pull out the pink gamer chair I bought her.

"Let me hear it, I can help." Nodding her head at my suggestion she pulls the paper up.

"Mi chiamo Maggie. Vivo con mio padre –oh fuck I am terrible at this."

"How about we go get dinner and then we can work on it afterwards? Maybe a break will do you some good." I stand up tucking her chair into her desk. She silently follows me out of her room. The sound of Fork and Spoons paws hitting the hardwood indicating that they are following us.

"What are we eating?" She asks me as she sits on her barstool. I am currently pouring dog food and water into the puppies bowls.

"I was thinking I can order some Greek food?" I suggest, it's her favourite food after all. A month ago all of us got together and went to a Greek restaurant.

"Yes please. Can I have the Gryo, rice and pita?" She gets excited her big grin that I like to call my Maggie smile spreads across her face and her eyes light up with excitement. I missed this.